Question from Killzone736

Black Ranger?

Random people throught the game have said something about rangers in black armor are those the ranger veterin or somone else?

LordNaughty answered:

The Black Armor is also known as NCR Ranger Combat Armor, with an accompanying Ranger Helmet. It is worn by the Veteran Rangers.

One of the easier ways to obtain it (assuming patch 1.2 is installed) is to access the NCR Ranger Safehouse located just northwest of Black Mountain and east of the Junction 15 Railway Station. The armor will be sitting on a shelf inside.
3 0

Answers

Big_Slippy answered:

Those are the elite rangers in their "power armor". if you become "liked" or better by NCR you'll be able to buy it at Hoover Dam.
2 6

Iscaredeath answered:

Elite Ranger Veterans are the guys your asking about. I met them at the end of the game guarding General Oliver. My robot army killed them easily but the game ended before I could loot them. I didn't do the President Kimball quest cause the NCR hated me so you might see them as bodyguards for him.
1 1

Arnings answered:

They are the Ranger Veterans. They are more frequently seen after level 17.
2 2

stregenth answered:

Yes, it's called Ranger Vetran armor. You can get it if you have a sniper and you see one go far away snipe him was a day or so then go down and loot him the NCR will still like you! Hope I helped :D
0 4

neardeath2 answered:

You can find the Vet armor at Camp Golf inside the building but make sure you have stimpacks and stealthboys because these rangers are packing serious heat (AM rifles, Brush Guns, and some type of revolver; forgot the name) Best weapon you could use is the balistic fist. It can be found at Bos hidden valley bunker, Crimson caravan company, and you can find it on some legion npcs.
0 5

iMushu answered:

You can find them watching over Camp Forlorn, you can kill them without decreasing your rep with the NCR by sniping from long range, or doing a one-hit stealth kill
0 0

rafaelsupercool answered:

yes its the veteran ranger that you're talking about.....if you have advanced a lot through the game and siding with NCR...these rangers will spawn with their black trenchcoat-ed armor...they will spawn occasionally at the ranger station(ranger station charlie, foxtrot, etc.)...if you wanna get those armor you can kill these rangers...get a sniper rifle with a silencer...then climb up a hill, sniipe those rangers while youre hidden...remember, it must be a one shot kill.then loot them
0 0

Infomercial answered:

The Veteran Rangers are the ones the game is referring to. The same guy you see on the Main Menu screen, they wear a traditional Ranger trench coat over some slick looking pre-war riot gear. The helmets have a special vision enhancement for low-visibility areas. These are the "best of the best" for the NCR, and if you lend a hand to the NCR to help them gain control, you will see a lot more of them at NCR camps.
0 0

drifttheoryDNB answered:

Ranger vets. AKA The guy on the front of the game case.
1 0

Ranger armor? Open cheeze90002
Ncr ranger helmet? Answered thompsom1021
Where do I get the Ranger Sequoia? Answered GS-MR_Riddles
How do I get into NCR Ranger Safehouse? Open shinyspot
Veteran Ranger Help? Open MrGazzo