How can you kill a deathclaw easy?

1. I cant get anywhere i want or need to go cuz there are deathclaws.

User Info: doublesabre

doublesabre - 6 years ago
    At what level. At level 10 and below they are very rare except for areas that the game does not want you to go at low levels. If your trying to get to New Vegas right away, head South, then east, then north to new vegas.

User Info: apuks

apuks - 6 years ago

1. Anti.Material.Rifle.

User Info: Milhouse09

Milhouse09 - 6 years ago 6 2

Answers

1. What I do is go behind a wall and then try to run around it and firing the Deathclaw at the same time until it dies. If you are surrounded, then your dead. o.O

User Info: acerpg007

acerpg007 - 6 years ago 0 1
  2. AP ammo and aim for the legs to slow them down. This tactic works well, but I recommend you use a high powered weapon to inflict as much limb damage as possible. Once they are slowed, they really aren't that hard to evade.

If you're more the rough and tumble type... the Super Sledge makes pudding out of them rather swiftly.

User Info: Hartbaine

Hartbaine - 6 years ago 0 1
  3. Warning! Results may vary. Grab a hunting rifle with a scope, grab a light machine gun. Grab a hell lot of ammo. Make sure you are in a wide open area. Use the Rifle to hit the death claw 3-4 times in the head switch to machine gun and light the sucker up! Against multiple DCs focus on the one closest to you. Tips: Use boon for help with lining up a head shot. Have Ed-E to warn you of death claws way in advance. Also don't bother using V.A.T.S. the DCs will close in on you with a lot less dmg in them.

User Info: mingbming

mingbming - 6 years ago 0 2
  4. Use the Anti-Material Rifle (can be bought from the Gun Runners). I fire once on their legs before they can get close to cripple their speed. Afterward I switch over to my Brush Gun w/ hollow point (also Gun Runners) and open up on their heads. I can kill a DC at extremely close range, even if it surprises me, without taking any serious damage.

User Info: Big_Slippy

Big_Slippy - 6 years ago 3 1
  5. AIM FOR THE HEAD!!!!!!!! =P Use some actual tactics and stop being a whiny baby.

User Info: wackybobo

wackybobo - 6 years ago 0 10
  6. I aim at their head and use an Assault Carbine. Its an automatic weapon that uses 5mm ammo, not sure how big ammo clip is, 20+ I think. That seems to work.

User Info: Metal_JFunk

Metal_JFunk - 6 years ago 1 1
  7. The best weapon would be a anti-material rifle with incendiary ammo

User Info: KakeryTheBakery

KakeryTheBakery - 6 years ago 3 1
  8. Use the specially named (power fist) "pushy" one hit will demolish any deathclaw

User Info: tobybolen

tobybolen - 6 years ago 1 3
  9. Anti-Material-Rifle, Heavy Weapons, Exsplosives or Armor Pericing Ammo. Try clipping the legs first to slow them down. Best just to avoid them until you are a high enough level or have the fire power to bleed them. Head shots help and fighting at a distance.

User Info: PiousFraud

PiousFraud - 6 years ago 2 1
  10. Dear doublesabre

I have not yet play the game but might just suggesting.
    In Fallout 3 , i hit the DC legs with the dartgun before i finish it with other weapon.
    Dont we have it for New Vegas?
    Another way , how about tossing a few grenade first before end it with other weapon?
    It may work.

Thank You.

User Info: coreofeden

coreofeden - 6 years ago 0 5
  11. Eros253 is right on the money. Whip out that chainsaw,and let'em come to you.

User Info: bastrdblade77

bastrdblade77 - 6 years ago 1 1
  12. very very easy way to kill any deathclaw, its worked for me every time and they havent even scratched me yet.
    get a sniper rifle, attach a suppresser to it (silenced).
    get in sneak
    DONT USE VATS FOR THIS!
    aim at the deathclaw and pull the trigger
    its easy
    hint; if you have boone as a companion he offers you the spotter perk and that highlights any hostile in a notisable red. making killing much easier

i hope that helped
    if you have any questions email me at coleeped@yahoo.com

User Info: Beldum555

Beldum555 - 6 years ago 2 0
  13. Depends on skills and level, if your under lvl 14, avoid the area and go elsewhere
    Guns- anti material rifle, inciendaries optional. Light machine gun, headshots or legs at range. or minigun if you have the faster spinup mod.
    Unarmed- Deathclaw gauntlet or balistic fist, clawed fist might also work, also a power fist named pushy. Lots of stimpacks
    Melee- Chainsaw, nuff said, maybe stimpacks, bumper swords also seem to be alright with good melee.
    Energy weapons- Anything with rifle in its name and in good condition.
    Explosives - mines to set them up, missile launcher at range, grenade launcher/machine gun at closer range is good for packs

Also a good sneak skill helps and oddly at range, a varmint rifle with silencer and scope aimed for legs can be effective at slowing them

User Info: ark_xiii

ark_xiii - 6 years ago 1 1
  14. I have Boone and Rex. Rex runs in and distracts the deathclaw while Boone shoots it. I stay back throwing dynamite until it's close to death, and a couple shots from my plasma rifle does the rest. Beat them easily at level 10 this way, once taking down two grown deathclaws and a young one at the same time. I'm now at level 14 and I never run from them anymore. Uses 3-6 dynamites per deathclaw, so it's a bit wasteful, but effective.

User Info: Neoncamouflage

Neoncamouflage - 6 years ago 0 2
  15. a holy hand granade works I have taken out 4 at one time and my explosive skill is 17 only down side is i have only found 3 of them and i am level 29

User Info: jackraiden25

jackraiden25 - 6 years ago 1 1
  16. Try using a Fat man, it should work because you know nukes beat everything. Failing that use an anti material rifle that should do the job nicely

User Info: pacman7993

pacman7993 - 6 years ago 1 1
  17. at some point you'll come across a sniper rifle. i can't exactly remember. But it's pretty powerful (also, if you do all of boones little bitter springs companion missions he'll get a sniper rifle called the 'all-american' which you could nab from him temporarily). so to the great khan ecampment (go to bonnie springs which is north of goodsprings cemetry and then go south, there is a little divide between the rocks if you stick the rocks long enough. this little path takes you to some great khans - used for the 'oh my papa' quest - and also to the back of quarry junction. the deathclaws can't detect you, even the mother and the alpha deathclaw). just pick them off one by one. try to stay as high as you can until you're sure they're all gone. but carry a machine gun of some sort just incase.

thats what i did. and it took them out pretty easy.

User Info: farrenfoxx

farrenfoxx - 6 years ago 0 1
  18. Spotter perk+gauss rifle+far far away+high sneak
    I was killing Deathclaws at level 10, before I even got Boone and I had 45 sneak
    Also, a high energy weapons skill will help if your too impatient to take the time to aim as it steadies the scope
    and dont use vats until theyre within slashing distance
    and there is some chinese stealth armour in the hoover dam offices
    ALSO it might have been level 9-12 if you cant get a gauss rifle, Gobi Campaign rifle is good

User Info: chrisyg103

chrisyg103 - 6 years ago 0 1
  19. This is the easiest way to kill anything, BY FAR.
    1) find an elevated position that requires a little finesse to get to like a high rock outcropping or a small cliff that you need to jump to reach.
    2) get into sneak mode and target a DC with a sniper rifle (found in Brewers beer bootlegging) or Anti material rifle
    3) unleash hell and laugh as the DCs run around not knowing what to do

In places like the quarry you can jump up on the machines and that works very well, especially for the mother

User Info: kyro102

kyro102 - 6 years ago 1 1
  20. I responded to this is another post, sadly without a title about Deathclaws.

Use BEAN BAG AMMUNITION if you don't feel like picking them off from a distance with a Sniper Rifle.
    It will knock them out, giving you more then enough time to relentlessly fire at their brain with anything until it falls off.

Good luck in this glitchy mess of a game.

User Info: Nation33

Nation33 - 6 years ago 1 0
  21. I use the ballistic glove. It's like a power fist but it shoots when you hit your target. Usually the deathclaws can only take two before they are dead.

User Info: Str8jackah

Str8jackah - 6 years ago 0 0