Question from Bonkers351

Lost companions?

I didn't tell them to wait but there not following me and I can't find them. Are there any ways to find them or anywhere they can just spawn?

From: clorox24 4 years ago

OK, i proved my point just now. I lost veronica, and after 7 or so 24 hour waits, she returned to the area she was originally found, in her case, the 188 trading post. So, after a week's worth of separation, they essentially go home.

That seems to be one of the major bugs people are incountering. I lost veronica inside a fort and had to start my game back at a save, you need to be keeping a few of because of all the bugs, I think that the problem is comming up becuase sometimes your companions want to talk to you about their quest but they don't walk up to you to start the conversation. So if you don't walk by them so they can talk to you, or your not paying much attention to them, then they'll just stand there and sometimes when you come back looking for them they'll have dissappeared.

Also dunno if you already know this but a lot of the time your buddies wait right outside of or right inside of the lucky 38 automatically.

Although I don't know why this happens, I know you can get them back by using the elevator at Vault 22. Of course I only did this with Rex so I'm not sure if it will work with a follower and a companion.

I lost boone at fortification hill by cottonwood. I guess I missed a question because I was being attacked and he dipped out. Anyways, went to blackmountain to get the ghoul companion and boone was hanging out shooting mutants right by neil's shack. I had to talk to him to get him to rejoin my party.

At one point, I lost Cassidy and gave up on her for a while. A number of side quests worth of time later, I was prompted that she'd returned to the 138 on her own. So, perhaps all we need to do is 'wait' for an undislosed period and the bond dissolves?

Repeatedly use the "wait" function for 24 hours until you are told that your companions have returned to their original spot.

Vault 22 elevator def works. Just used it and recovered ed-e and lily.

The Vault 22 elevator is supposed to work for all companions, but I lost ED-E while I was entering Nellis Air Force Base and using the elevator doesn't work. Waiting does nothing to return ED-E to Primm or the Lucky 38, and the Vault 22 elevator doesn't do it either. Are there any other ways?

Tried the vault 22 elevator AND the lucky 38 waiting for a week thing. They both work, just not for ed-e. The last I remember seeing it was during red lucy's quest. I've backtracked but still can't find the damn robot. Curse you ed-e!!!
Any other ideas on how to get the little bastard (can I use bastard? I'm new here) Back would be most helpful to a lot of ppl

Rex will return to THE KING`S SCHOOL OF IMPERSONATION when you first walk in to the building go straight for the stage area , he`s sitting with the KING by his table.

If you lose a companion you can also check the world map if scan over locations and zoom in you can see there name by the locations.

this happened to me twice, I got them back by going to the lucky 38 presidential suite and sleeping

Scan the world map,you might see your companions name..also,save the game as much as you can..with a glitchy game like this you need too.

Like def2II said you companions will show up on the world map and also If I lose one of my companions I just fast travel to novac and they are there.

The map doesn't always show a missing companion. For example in the Legions Fort where they have to wait outside. I've had companions disappear there so I can't go in and they don't appear on the map. Going back to an earlier save seems to be the only reliable option.

They get lost for all sorts of reasons too but it doesn't happen often. Check back to see if they aren't stuck on a door way (EDE is a sucker for it), stuck in a wall etc.
They don't always return to their homes after a week I'm afraid and, if there is some glitch messing up their behaviour, try not to carry that glitch on. They can cause other issues, story elements failing, further behavioural issues etc.

It's amazing that they follow the player so well considering the sheer size and complexity of the game.

I found Ed-E at Primm inside with Nash... but he began firing on Nash and killing him then turned his sights on me. I think I'll try the vault 22 number.

Your companions are all shown on your pipboy map. you just have to look for them?