Question from caracciola

How do I beat around 6 Legionary Assassins?

I am level 5, the game is on normal, not on hardcore mode, and decided to kill all the legion in Nipton after seeing what they did to the people in the town. I reported back to the sniper in the Mojave outpost. and then when I left the outpost 3 assassins are just sanding near the bottom of the slope. I wait a second and another character runs up to tell me I am going to die. I try to fight, but they fill me full of lead. Next I try to set up an ambush with mines, grenades and every dirty weapon I have been saving managing to kill two and seeing 3 more behind the guy that initiates combat when I see him, while they finish fully automatically killing me.

Should I run back to the outpost and get the people there to help me fight them when they come near the place?

Start a New game and not piss off the wrong people?

Any other advice?

hedben2006 answered:

This happened to me too- there is a thread with plenty of good advice on Gamespot with the title "Legion Assassins are KILLING me"

I had to immediately use a Stealth Boy and run to the nearest town when it happened to me... then the next 'random encounter' happened in the middle of an NCR camp after I'd levelled a bit more and they were no trouble.

FWIW, I then killed any legionary I saw and actively sought them out, and I haven't encountered an assassin squad since...
0 0

Answers

kyro102 answered:

Chems, run and gun, and hotkey your stimpacks (or superstimpacks if you have them). Other than that see if you can fast travel to another location, they might not follow you
0 0

Legion Assassins? Answered seanamaral
Legion Assassins Glitch? Open Reuben702
Gaining Fame without Assassins? Answered MrRagnar
How do I beat a deathclaw? Open skullman76
How do I beat Lanuis? Answered thefiggyfox