Question from OrionXElite

Blurred and Darkened Graphics??

So I went to Camp Guardian and found my way into the cave in the middle of it where its pitchblack. I used my first and only Cateye in the cave as I couldn't see anything and when I left, the Cateye wore off on its own and everything was fine. Then I fast traveled to like Sloan or something and everything was really blurry and darker than usual. But its JUST the main world graphics! The PIPboy graphics and load screen transition graphics are normal. I figured it may have just been too dark to see, so I tried waiting till 3pm, STILL insanely blurry. Anyone know whats causing this and how to fix it? Its hurting my head trying to look at this.

NOTE: I don't actually know if you can addicted to Cateye but if you can, its NOT a withdrawal as I've literally only used 1 and I have no withdrawal symptoms in my stats.

Unfortunatley, this seems like it would be another in-game glitch that might need patching

I dont think its due to cateye just a glitch i get it all the time in hidden valley

Oy! I had this same problem. Turns out I was able to fix it. If I get what you're saying it, at times will go all dark for no reason and sometimes will "wake up" and be normal. Loading screens seem fine too.

Well, like I said, this happened to me all the time and I couldn't figure it out. Then I started messing with settings. Turns out that it was Windows and the Game not playing well with one another (I'm assuming PC version as you don't actually say). You see, I download at night while I sleep so I set Windows to deactivate and dim my monitor so it's not lighting up my room at night and THAT was messing up my game. When I went walking around for a time--time, incidentally enough, for the screen to darken, the graphics ingame would also darken. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Windows not recognizing that the game is something it needs to stay awake for thus it trys to sleep. I would say you need to check that setting and change it and there you go. At least, that's what worked for me. This game has so many bugs that I wouldn't doubt that your error is different lol.