How do I beat the Radscorpions easily?

1. What is the best way to easily kill the Radscorpions?

User Info: dessysmama

dessysmama - 6 years ago

1. Hunting rifle or anti material rifle. anti material rifle would be best since it is also great for killing deathclaws (another good wep for deathclaws is sleepytime from the gunrunners) but hunting rifle works just fine, no mods, no special ammo ( you can if u want but you dont have to have any mods or special ammo) i kill radscorpions all the time

User Info: randomap

randomap - 4 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Yeah, the Radscorpions in this game are much more difficult than the ones that are in the third game. When I was a low level, they raped my face mercilessly. My strategy was avoid if possible, but if I couldn't, I'd shoot until they got close, and when they did, I pulled a melee weapon out, and circled around them while hitting. That way, when they tried to sting, they'd hit where I was, instead of where I was going, making them miss. The only problem is when fighting multiple, in which case, you're s.o.l.

User Info: Panzy_Punter

Panzy_Punter - 6 years ago 1 2
  2. Almost any gun, and use armor peircing rounds. If possible cripple the stinger from a distance with V.A.T.S then it can't possin you and becomes much easier. for a gun i suggest the hunting rifle, normal or unique Sniper Rifle, or the Anit-matireatl rifle, i have found those work the best. if nothing else get a hunting shot gun and shoot while running backwards.

if you can kill them follow these steps in order:
    1. take off all arrmor/wepons
    2.use turbo if you have any NOTE: it is addicting
    3. try to get to a NCR patrol or friendly town.
    these steps are to be used ONLY as a last resort.
    Good luck

User Info: Alastor_Teryn

Alastor_Teryn - 6 years ago 0 3
  3. I designed my special and skills around using anything with bullets. I found that acquiring Boon helps tremendously. With him and E-DE in my party, it raises my perception to 8 and highlights enemies in red while aiming. But that doesn't help. What does help is this and doesn't matter if you have NPC or not.
    I got a Varmint Rifle and upgraded with extended mags and scope. Whenever I saw a radscorpion nest ahead, I would scout out a cliff or hill that I could get the advantage from. Remember, whoever was the high ground most certainly wins. Also, it is good to be on a hill or ledge that is steep because often times the scorpions cannot climb and will (in a way) get stuck. If you have access to a hunting rifle, even better, I did not start seeing those until arounf LVL 16 I want to say. Around LVL 20 Anti Material Rifle starts popping up. Which you will need if you even want a chance against Death Claws.

User Info: mightEone

mightEone - 6 years ago 0 1
  4. take a melee weapon and circle them constantly smacking them.
    Dont do this for giant radscorpions though.

User Info: Tzrobson

Tzrobson - 6 years ago 0 1
  5. Pack a lot of either dynamite or frag grenades then circle or run back then use vats and throw them, or use the power fist. Also try to carry a lot of stimpacks

User Info: yoshi09

yoshi09 - 6 years ago 0 1
  6. What i do is for the small ones i use spiked knuckles and just beat them this works for the regular radscorpions but if you have a huge group of them then i suggest that you use a weapon that cause damage like catches them in fire so you can just shoot them when they are weak to save ammo

User Info: shadowreaper6

shadowreaper6 - 6 years ago 0 1
  7. I find a rifle aimed in Vats at their tail works well as it seems to have less armour than their body thus takes damage quicker.
    I used to target their body til I noticed this difference!

User Info: satanjesus

satanjesus - 6 years ago 0 1
  8. I normally use the Hunting Rifle or Sniper Rifle with Armor Piercing rounds. If I am in a high place where they cannot readily reach me, I just chip away at them with Ratslayer and 5.56mm AP ammo. However, once they charge at me, I equip Dynamite or Frag Grenades, go into V.A.T.S., and hurl one at them. Then I fire at them with the Hunting Rifle while backing up, hoping they don't get close enough to sting. Crippling the legs helps considerably, even if you cripple only one set.

I also recommend getting Entomologist so you do increased damage to them. Bug Stomper and Lord Death also help stack the odds in your favor. I find that the best way to take on Radscorpions is to start the fight with a Sneak Attack Critical with a scoped (and preferably silenced) weapon like Ratslayer or a Sniper Rifle with Suppressor, then fight with your favored tactics/weapons until you kill it. Just be careful to watch for its buddies... they have a nasty habit of butting in when you least expect it.

User Info: JupiterRex

JupiterRex - 6 years ago 0 1
  9. First you could get boone his scoped hunting rifle can kill a giant radscorpion in 3 hits. Or if you cant use then one of the bug perks (helps alot). For the plain radscorpions (or small ones) then hit them with a strong melee weopon (Nephies golf club, power fist , etc.). For giant radscorpions use a sniper rifle or something strong and long range if cant you better be a fast runner and have alot of stimpacks.And thats it.

User Info: DSplayer100

DSplayer100 - 5 years ago 1 1
  10. I'm surprised no one suggested a flame thrower or incinerator weapon. Since radscorpions don't have a ranged attack, all you have to do is get in front of one, and let the fire do its thing and keep backpedaling until they're dead.

User Info: master_decoy

master_decoy - 5 years ago 2 1
  11. If you could get boone radscorpions wouldn't be a promblem.

User Info: whippester_1

whippester_1 - 5 years ago 0 1
  12. If you are at the beginning try using a shotgun and keep circling around it it will never sting you unless their is more than one i havent completed the game yet

User Info: Threebdog

Threebdog - 5 years ago 0 1
  13. Take out their legs and just keep running backwards while shooting. Or you could always jump up on a rock. NPC's can't jump for some reason.

User Info: garaak

garaak - 5 years ago 0 1
  14. Try using a .357 revolver or any other one ( .357 IS BEST ) and aim at their tail , then aim for their legs ( if the the tail is crippled). That is when against the normal and bark scorpions ,when their are giants scorpions try aiming for legs because the giant ones are the fastest. ALSO TRY RUINING AND AT THE SAME TIME SHOOTING. REMEMBER The best way to kill them is to sneak critical at them. P.S they will run when in to much danger. GOOD LUCK

User Info: gabo123890

gabo123890 - 5 years ago 0 1
  15. I had Veronica fall back and stay with melee and just aggro'ed them... She has a decent chance at getting a crit while your back pedaling with a handgun. That's if you managed to get close without realizing their around. (happens a lot thanks to glitches) If not, stand on a ledge and unload... be sure to have a lot of ammo and spare parts because the giants travel in pairs and where there are 2 there are probably five to six normal...

User Info: godlikenative

godlikenative - 5 years ago 0 1
  16. avoid areas with radscorpions until ur like level 15, their mean! I think their mother radscorpion didnt love them when they were little.

User Info: sshina025

sshina025 - 5 years ago 1 1
  17. You can either use an incinerator or a cowboy repeater, depending on where your preferences lie.

User Info: shorty_99

shorty_99 - 5 years ago 0 1
  18. two words: Frag grenades

I dont know if its because I have my explosives to 45 but 2 frag grenades and they all die... then again I havent had any problems with Deathclaws and a Modded varmint rifle for all of Sloans Quary Junction (lvl 16)

also I use Ed-E and Boone so as long as I sneak attack something theres very little chance that it will get to me and if it does (in the case of a deathclaw) it will only have one bar of life left

User Info: Kyuubi_Youko

Kyuubi_Youko - 5 years ago 0 1
  19. What kind bark I just shoot them with a 9mm or 10mm if its just a regular rad scorpion Giant Rad Scorpion I use gernades if posible if not I use a hunting rifle or the Sniper Rifle

User Info: 53Ty

53Ty - 5 years ago 0 1
  20. When going into any area within the game i generally utilize stealth mode. I also utilize a varmint rifle with extended mags, silencer, and night scope, this is the most stable and accurate off all weapons within the game.
    When entering any area where there are multiple rad scorpions, or any other mobs needed to be killed this rifle provides the absolute best way for me to kill anything. Vats are not needed and usually a shot in the area of the face gets me a one shot one kill ratio, if not one shot then most definitely 2-3 shots, if i am noticed then i switch over to a different type of weapon that does damage both fast and furious, such as some type of flame weapon.

User Info: megalodonshark

megalodonshark - 5 years ago 0 1
  21. if you are lucky enough, find a rock or something of that nature to hop on top of, and continually shoot it's tail with whatever you wish. If there are no rocks in sight, try shooting it in the legs until they are crippled and continually hop backwards until it scurries away from fear or you just kill it

User Info: Shadowwrend

Shadowwrend - 5 years ago 0 1
  22. A weapon that is crazy good against them are the Legion's throwing spears.

User Info: zXTrueSwagXz

zXTrueSwagXz - 5 years ago 1 1
  23. When you`re don`t have armor piercing bullets, get a meele weapon and start circling and attacking. try and get a long one so you dont have to be too close to them. it sucks but it works. Remember just use armor piercing bullets till u pierce their armor, then start shooting with normal bullets.

User Info: Gabedu09

Gabedu09 - 5 years ago 0 0
  24. Go to Gun Runners and get Brush Gun it kills pretty much everything one shot.

User Info: haileehale

haileehale - 5 years ago 0 1
  25. I used "this machine" in the thorn with armor piercing rounds and my guns skill at 100. 3 shots....3 kills....(for the giant radscorpions...)

User Info: verscharren

verscharren - 5 years ago 0 1
  26. What i do is I use my light machine gun with armor peircing bullets and kills them extremily fast.

User Info: Waffles360

Waffles360 - 5 years ago 0 1
  27. At low levels, I just emptied multiple clips with the 9mm SMG you can get from Doc Mitchell's house and that took down giants with relative ease.

User Info: NotASadist

NotASadist - 5 years ago 0 1
  28. Rifle/ shoot at their head depending on rifle may be a quick one shot or several shots. Use psycho to boost damage but gets addicting if used too much and use med-x for damage resistance if they crowd you.

User Info: reptar909

reptar909 - 5 years ago 0 1
  29. If you can ahold of one, the Ranger Sequoia can put one down with relative ease.

User Info: thisnamerules

thisnamerules - 5 years ago 0 1
  30. 1 - get a good gun like Allien Blaster, Heavy Incinarator etc...
    2 - aim for FATAL ares like head, legs(to slow down or stop) etc...

User Info: DrBink

DrBink - 5 years ago 0 1
  31. Balistics fist. one hit and your done...

User Info: Xxfirebird95xX

Xxfirebird95xX - 5 years ago 0 1
  32. Easy, use some sort of explosive, fire weapon eg incinerator or use armor piercing rounds

User Info: AlphaBlaze12

AlphaBlaze12 - 5 years ago 0 1
  33. Aim for the tails!

User Info: coreofeden

coreofeden - 5 years ago 0 1
  34. Rex (a dog companion you get in Freeside) is really good for all types of insects. He can plow through a ton of radscorpions or giant ants with ease. Just stand back and let him go to work.

User Info: jfuex

jfuex - 5 years ago 0 1
  35. Firstly, it depends on the range. If you are at a REALLY long range where they can't see you, use a scoped weapon to try and eliminate them before they become a threat. If you are at a safe range (what I mean by safe is out of blast radius) use an explosive launcher such as the grenade rifle. (Want to level an entire field of them? Use the grenade machine gun.) If it should come to the point where you are at close range, try to avoid using melee, keep moving backwards, and do NOT use V.A.T.S., it will give them an easy time to strike. Instead, use a gun that can unload a lot of bullets in a short amount of time, such as a machine gun or a shotgun, if you do use a shotgun, try to avoid using one that needs each shell loaded individually. Try not to corner yourself

User Info: SlimSlamKablam

SlimSlamKablam - 5 years ago 0 1
  36. 1. Take out the legs with any ranged weapon your capable of scoring a near guaranteed hit with,
    2. If you have time before it reaches you (which you should, if you crippled it effectively) take out the tail so that you don't get destroyed by venom,
    3. Hit it [repeatedly] with anything that does over 35 DMG, doesn't matter the weapon type, or if your skilled in using it.
    (With my gun based character I consistantly finished off every type of Radscorpion with a Powerfist
    and14 skill in Unarmed)

User Info: oddthefool

oddthefool - 5 years ago 0 0
  37. In Primm you can steal spiked knuckles, and it really is all down hill from there. Melee utterly destroys Radscorpions, especially if you are specialized in melee.

User Info: DasCryborg

DasCryborg - 4 years ago 0 0
  38. .357 Magnum hollow point rounds with a classic Magnum handgun

User Info: NumberManEX

NumberManEX - 4 years ago 0 0
  39. All laser weapons

User Info: mandalorian13

mandalorian13 - 4 years ago 0 0
  40. I useually just the Q 35 Modulator because with up to 3 shots it kills lots of things

User Info: candyman117

candyman117 - 4 years ago 0 0
  41. Anti-material rifle with explosive rounds or esther, will take out a group of radscorpions small normal and giant, and will devestate the bark scorpions and bark scorpion hunters in scorpion gulch.

User Info: aaron11219

aaron11219 - 4 years ago 0 0
  42. Gotta Shoot'm In The Head.

User Info: smn114

smn114 - 4 years ago 0 0
  43. The small and normal radscorpion can be easily killed by shooting the stinger with a shotgun while walking backwards.
    I killed a couple of gaint radscorpions using only a lead pipe and a building, Hit the scorpions once or twice then enter before they get to sting you. This takes a while but it gets the job done.
    Best thing is to just avoid them when on a low level, or until you found some good weapons or a couple of companions.

User Info: smashingrascal

smashingrascal - 3 years ago 0 0
  44. It's simple. Almost all the things I kill in the wasteland I kill with a scoped weapon. I have like 6 scoped weapons, 2 being some types of average rifles, one being a sniper rifle, one being an anti-material gun, and one is a 9-mm pistol. But it sucks lol. You can buy weapon mods from vendors, and if your looking for weapons or anything to do with them, my best source is Mick and Ralph's in or near the strip. I'm not sure of the exact location, just near the East gate. You can mod the weapons in your inventory by hovering over the weapon and pressing whatever button appears in the top right corner of your pip-boy. It varies on different consoles. I use PC, and the mod button is X. But anyways, just get a scoped wepaon (I highly suggest a rifle, a scoped pistol would probably fail!) and get far away from the enemy. If you are far enough away then just crouch (For sneak attack and damage bonus) then light 'em up! If you did go far enough away, they shouldn't notice you. But this is not 100% guaranteed, because I kill things in 1-5 hits, and more MIGHT cause the enemy to notice you. But I don't think they will.

User Info: ira-talon-97

ira-talon-97 - 3 years ago 0 0