Question from zez4eva

Fallout 3 or new vegas?

Which one is better and why?

Whimmish answered:

Fallout 3, although I count it as the lesser in terms of combat, sound, graphics, and interaction with the world, is the better of the two. There is a haunting quality to the capital wasteland that is missing in New Vegas; there is this feeling of simultaneous familiarity and anonymity. Part of it might just be the use of the powerful, iconic, ruined surroundings, but Fallout 3 managed to be a more intense game than New Vegas, even if there was less actual danger. This might also just be the result of Fallout 3 being my first impression and introduction; it might be idiotic nostalgia speaking. That said, I enjoy both games, but Fallout 3 carries it on atmosphere.

We'll see what NV does with DLC; then we will know for certain.
0 0

Answers

bestatfallin answered:

I think thats at least slightly intentional. The Capital Wasteland was a warzone, between the super mutants, BoS, and eventually the Enclave, theres very little "policing" going on, hereas in Vegas, the NCR supposedly travel the roads and keep the general population safe. So in a way, the west is "governed" while the east is just a colder version of the Wild Wild West
1 0

MielikkisChosen answered:

Fallout 3. Don't get me wrong, I love New Vegas, but Fallout 3, in my opinion, had more interesting quests (Stealing Independence). Also, the whole beginning journey of getting out of Vault 21 had a much bigger impact than New Vegas' beginning. It really makes you feel for your character like they're a person you are experiencing the game with and not just someone you are controlling. Like I said though, only my opinion. They are both great.
0 0

MielikkisChosen answered:

Oh and the game engine is the same in both, so they have the same graphics. Also, combat is near exactly the same with the exception of certain special melee and unarmed moves you can learn and use in VATS.
0 0