Question from jctthe3rd

How to get the gold bars and live? (Dead Money)

I know how to beat Elijah, But I cant get out fast enough with the gold bars. I heard that the way to do it was on u tube, but my computer dont work with u tube, so if someone could explain it to me with words, I would really appreciate it. thanks.

From: elyk0956 4 years ago

Well, Youtube would be your best bet, but I'll try to tell you how I did. I'm not sure wether this is the most effective way, but it did work for me.

When first entering the vault
1) Grab all the gold bars (36 on the table and 1 by the computer)
2) Drop the gold bars by the door
3) Go through the conversation with Elijah
4) After the conversation, grab the gold bars and go the back way to get the elevator (the doorway that Elijah doesn't go through).
*I recommend saving right here*
5) Go to the doorway (the barrier should come up), look up and drop the gold bars as close to the barrier as possible. (You might drop them off the edge, that's why you have that save)
6) Fight Elijah and run through the area as usual
7) When you get to the area where you dropped the gold bars (that's on the other side of the barrier), go into 3rd person and look along the bottom of the barrier. If you placed them close enough to the barrier, there should be an option to pick them up, though it may take a little luck to find it.
8) Walk to the elevator and if you were fast enough you will make it out alive.

Hope this helps

I read on another site that you pick up all the gold>disable security>get Elijah to meet you>drop c4 at the base of the stairway that leads to the blue barrier door Elijah is at>press against blue barrier-supposedly you're to change places with Elijah after he finishes talking> blow him up>make your way to the elevator. This didn't work for me... but I thought I'd ought to share it.

Ok Newt58 you are half right, at the step where you drop C4 make sure that that you drop enough to kill Elijah, suggest adding some gas bombs and mines to make sure you get the job done (i've seen Elijah live through a C4 blast. Now the only other thing that you need to do is when you are at the blue barrier that seperates you from Elijah make sure you are wakling at the barrier, so you need to be right at the barrier and keep walking at it while Elijah is talking , when he's finished you should have switched places with him. Also suggest you take the long haul perk since having all the bars gives you an extra 1295 lbs

Here's another way without the need of a stealth boy, without killing him, and keeping all 37 gold bars.

Step 1. Sneak to the left power generator with your flashlight off (it helps to have the Assassin suit on)

Step 2. Wait for Elijah to get close to the generator and sneak to the opposite side of it (switch to 3rd person for this part

Step 3. When Elijah is facing the computer (not touching it, but he needs to be in front of it) make a run for the stairs

this might take you a couple of tries, but it can be done

if none of those ideas work, i usually take 6 bars, and drop all guns and clothes and everything that can be found again. But sierra madre weapons and stuff i keep. You can try to upgrade your strength as much as you can before going to the sierra madre so you can take more bricks.

Hint: You cant carry bricks by grabbing them, ive tried. unless theres a glitch for that lol