Question from garaak

How do I start dead money?

The quest tells me to go to the abandoned BoS base, but when I get there it's locked and requires a key. Where is the key? Do you get it as part of helping the brotherhood in hidden valley with something unrelated? Or is my game just glitched?

garaak provided additional details:

I've re downloaded the dlc and started a new game, but it's still locked. Can bringing Veronica or whoever the BoS follower is unlock it?

Xxfirebird95xX answered:

Try clearing your system cache on your xbox then re-download the patches. if that doesn't work then i dont know what to tell you because it is usually open no mater what.
0 0

Answers

Blades_Artemis answered:

It should have been unlocked in the first place, even if it's just the front door INTO the base. However once the DLC is loaded the door to the actual inside of the Bunker should be unlocked. My suggestion would be to make sure you do the Nielson/Camp Forlorn Hope mission, and after completing that then try it again, or perhaps restarting your Xbox.
0 0

p34nutbutter answered:

It might be glitched and it might help re downloading the dlc.
0 0

HelloSatan answered:

The bunker should be unlocked if you have the DLC. The quest can be started at any time after the tutorial quests, and it does not require any items or companions. Either your save or the DLC is corrupted. Make sure that you delete the DLC before you download it again.
1 0

Is Dead Money worth the money? Open Bryan_RPGsRule
Dead Money lvl Cap ? Open roxbury1990
Dead Money? Answered DounutMan
How is the Dead Money DLC? Open HomieG54
Dead money help? Answered jackn22