Question from planetvash112

Damage Threshold?

I can't understand how it works I mean I've played the game twice now and I get killed cheaply by handguns or by some dumb unarmed attack (I got crippled in the head by one wtf?) Can someone tell me in depth what is DT I feel like a idiot -_-

planetvash112 provided additional details:

Maybe I just got worse after being a vet in fallout 2 and 3 or this is something completely different

Answers

M4TTB4K3R answered:

From my understanding damage threshold is the amount of damage that your armor absorbs before you take any actual damage. So if your armor provides a DT of 6 and the weapon being fired at you has a damage rating of 10 then you would take 4 damage.

I might be way off on that but I think thats how it works.
1 0

darkchokolat answered:

Damage Threshold is how much damage will be negated from any attack. Say you have a DT of 15, and your enemies Damage is 20, they your DT is negated allowing 5 Damage to be let through. Also, to get more DT, try picking better perks to increase it, or even raise your endurance for more health.
0 0

darkchokolat answered:

0 0

Is there anything that does constant damage? Answered Monkephant
Damage Factor Achievements? Answered bluedragon619
Is Fallout New Vegas a good game? Unanswered DeductedColt
Gun runners? Unanswered AuraCaster
Presidential suite? Unanswered AuraCaster