How do I get to the Boomers without being blown up?

1. I'm doing the quest "Things That Go Boom", and I need to get to the Nellis Air Force Base. Problem is that I keep getting killed by artillery. Any tips to get through intact?

User Info: Keith_da_Hybrid

Keith_da_Hybrid - 5 years ago

1. Run straight for the gate. they wont shoot you when your neer it. Also get about 10 stimpacks to heal yourself while your runing. thats what i do its fast and pretty easy. also may want to bring a doctor bag for broken limbs.

User Info: Xxfirebird95xX

Xxfirebird95xX - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. "Run, hide, run... it's all in the timing."

Stay in cover, count the number of explosions, then wait for a lull between salvos. Once they start firing again, keep count. Once they stop, run for the next available piece of cover. Repeat until you get to the gate.

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. You can go with hylianarmy's answer, or you can use my way. My way hasn't failed me yet. My way includes using damage reducing meds (med-x) and sticking to the cliff on the far left. The cliffs give pretty good cover and you don't have to run for very long before you've made it.

User Info: Ironreaber

Ironreaber - 5 years ago 1 1
  3. First off, bring med x and if you are playing on hardcore mode DO NOT BRING YOUR COMPANIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! now, hit up on med x and run to what looks like the corner of a building. wait until the shelling stops. then run to a rectangular whitish building and jump inside. wait until the shelling stops again and run for the fence. when you get there, they wont shoot at you anymore and you just walk to the gate and a guard will talk to you.

User Info: CDS97

CDS97 - 5 years ago 1 1
  4. There should be a guy named Ben near some shack that you can add to your map near Boomers,he will tell you but you have to gamble with him.

User Info: odstrooper2

odstrooper2 - 5 years ago 0 0
  5. And just kill him to get back your money and extra stuff. :)

User Info: odstrooper2

odstrooper2 - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. Grab some Turbo. Then book it for the gate. I used 2 turbos and didn't get hit once.

User Info: mandroidsupreme

mandroidsupreme - 5 years ago 0 0
  7. When trying to get to the boomers take a good amount of stimpaks and hotkey them so you can use them quickly(just in case) then before you charge out into the open run along the mountain on the left side of the road you come in on, they will fire at you but you'll come to a part of the mountain that blocks you but the bombs don't hit you. Once they stop firing go around the part of the mountain and charge for the fence, once you're there just follow the fence to the gate

User Info: R3bel10n

R3bel10n - 4 years ago 0 0
  8. create a save in case you die. bring some med-x and about 5-10 stimpacks (depending on Endurance and Medicine). before you go into the boomers zone, use med-x and have your pip-boy ready on the stimpacks. stay along the mountains and move behind the houses. use stimpacks when necessary. if you look up in the sky, you can also see the smoke from the missles. stay towards the left side of the gate. when you reach the gate, the boomers stop firing. proceed to the front gate and agree to help the boomers around the base. now your in Nellis Air Base

User Info: shinyspot

shinyspot - 3 years ago 0 0