Review by runnindude

"CoD:BO, thumbs up"

Alright friends, just a year ago we sat down and played MW2. Now we're taking a blast to the past with Black Ops, and what a blast it is.

Graphically, the game looks fantastic. Explosions are lush and smoke billows. Each level really draws in the player and gives you the ambiance of being in the Cold War, whether you're in Vietnam, Washington D.C., or even in Russia at a Missile launch site.

Sounds, like CoD's past, is fantastic here. Firing guns sounds like you're actually emptying full metal jackets left and right. Voice acting is superb as well. Gary Oldman is fantastic as Reznov and Sam Worthington's likeness is excellent as well. Not to mention the fact Avenged Sevenfold lends their music to the heart-pumping adrenaline ride.

Campaign: 9/10
This portion of the review is still under construction. I personally haven't finished the campaign yet, but am totally blown away by what I've experienced so far. My favorite thing about the Modern Warfare games was the fact I felt connected to the characters. I really cared about what happened and how they were going to get out of the messes they were in. That same connection is back. You really care about what happens to Reznov and Mason. While the game does throw explosion after explosion at you, much like a Michael Bay movie (think of Bad Boys two or the Rock), but I don't personally find that a draw for the game. Be prepared for a great ride with the story, because it will definitely suck you in.

Multiplayer: 10/10
Although the core of multiplayer is the same gameplay we all know and love, the additions are great. Each level you gain allows you to unlock certain weapons, however, you must spend currency gained in the matches on your upgrades and attachments. This includes killstreaks and any additional equipment. It's an interesting new system, but I feel will be more liked the more people get used to it. Maps are mostly good, a few that aren't all that great, but that's to be expected.

Final Verdict:
Great additions like zombies and new additons to Multiplayer make this game worth picking up alone. The added bonus of a great campaign makes this a must-own. Black Ops makes leaps and bounds in all the right ways. Do yourself a favor, pick up Black Ops and enjoy the high-octane ride you'll have.

Final Score: 93/100

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/10/10

Game Release: Call of Duty: Black Ops (US, 11/09/10)