Review by Flame_Thrower_

"Get rid of all your other FPS's. This is the only one you need."

I'm simply blown away after playing through Black Ops. This is a review for the gamer who just wants to have a good time. After playing through this game, I had a blast. It's rare for me to be so absorbed into a game and dedicated to beating it on the spot nowadays. Games just seem to have lost their charm. But Treyarch sure outdid themselves with this one.

This is coming from a person who HATED World at War. It just wasn't for me. Taking notes from Infinity Ward's COD game last year, Modern Warfare 2, Treyarch took what that team did right and perfected it. This game had me in awe on every level as I played through it. It's so full of action, the budget I'm sure is in the millions.

This game really makes you feel a part of it as you play through the levels. It's not just simple run in a room and kill everyone, then move on to the next. It has constant changes to the environment that you must adapt to, such as a bridge you are running on gets a huge hole blown in it, and as you almost fall to your death your teammate helps you up. The A.I. characters aren't just cardboard cut outs like in some games, they actually have a personality to them, and they help you out on your missions. I actually felt for them when they were killed.

One thing I like about Black Ops is you are never lost. Thanks to handy indicators, it's always easy to know where to go, or what your next target is. The control is spot on. Aiming is precise, and the weapons handle like the real thing. You are going to blow through hundreds of enemies, yet everybody in the game seems to have their own way of living, the ways that they hide behind cover, shoot at you, scream to their squad you are coming, and the ways they die. It's not the same animations over and over, everything seems new as you come to it.

The game always knows when to switch up the flow of the action. There are so many different vehicles and such that you find yourself in, it's always something new. You might be in a boat, shooting missles at everything in sight. You'll find yourself in a tank, raining absolute carnage on anyone and everyone around. This game feels like the most epic action movie of all time, yet it could never be a movie because the budget would be in the billions.

It's just so fun to play this. I haven't had as much fun with a game in years, to be honest. I'm not some typical COD fratboy who lives and breathes for this series, I'm just a normal gamer and I came into this game expecting a great time. This game exceeded my expectations, it blew me away. The campaign has a great, detailed story and was also quite long for an FPS title. You travel all over the world, and it's just great to see these environments.

The graphics are beautiful, absolutely stunning. I'm sure that this game pushed the 360 to it's hardware potential. It's certainly the best FPS on the console, and probably the best FPS of the last decade.

For some reason I was reminded of Goldeneye on N64 as I played through this game. Missile silos, facilities, jungles.. it's all there. Yet as much as I loved that game back in 1997, I don't think I had as much fun with it as I did this game. Black Ops really brought it's story to life, and really drew me into the game. I felt for the characters, I would jump and scream as I stormed through absolute chaos, blasting everything in sight. It was just a great experience, and I haven't had this much fun in a long time.

I even see myself replaying this campaign, which again is something I rarely do. I strongly suggest this game to everyone. Whether you like games, wars, or just straight up action, you have got to get this. It's simply awesome.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/11/10

Game Release: Call of Duty: Black Ops (US, 11/09/10)