Review by WG4F_is_win

"More of the same."

I have focused this review mostly on multiplayer since I expect you will not be playing campaign after the first couple days with this game. (It is not very long.)

These graphic look quite nice! I believe any fan whether new or old will find this game incredibly pretty to look at. Some textures aren't perfect but the guns look very detailed and realistic to anyone playing. If you have never played a Call of Duty game you should be pleasantly surprised in this area. Those with HD tvs show make sure they make sure it is on the right setting because this game is quite the eye candy in high definition.

Sounds: 8/10

Guns feel realistic when fired making the noises that you would expect to hear. This game doesn't really add much to the cod games series in this area as at least in my opinion the sound in all the games have been very nice to hear. I gave this section 9/10 mostly for how the campaign sounds. In multiplayer it may be almost difficult to hear much sound over players yelling non-stop. Nothing turning off your mic or muting can't help with though.

Multiplayer: 2/10
I would MAYBE recommend the multiplayer if you have never played one of these games before. Honestly you most likely will find it incredibly frustrating if you are new. If you have played these games before I would definitely say stay away. Unless you like to pay $60 +dlc costs just for more of the same buying this is silly. Most players camp the entire game due to the killstreak system. The new version of nazi zombies is great but still it's very repetitive after a couple hours. This may be silly for me to say because it is mostly assuming but if this game doesn't ever get changed as per fan request (like with other Call of Duty games) and fans get no say in the game then I don't believe many will be satisfied with this game for long.

All and all this game does have selling points but if you plan on buying this game for the multiplayer you may wish to consider an alternative. This is by far the worst Call of Duty game since Call of Duty 3. Although I would probably recommend renting due to the fun but short campaign.

My final score for this game is 4 / 10

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 11/12/10

Game Release: Call of Duty: Black Ops (US, 11/09/10)