Review by Codfish215

"One of the better CODs"

This is definently a good buy for 360. The campaign is pretty good. It really doesn't focus on the staying under cover like the title suggests. It isn't all just about battles either. It mainly stays in the 60's, but most of the guns are the same from MW and MW2. The campaign does't ever get to the point where I'm thinking to myself "This is a waste of my life." It does have a good variety of different locations in the levels. You also start to know the other guys too. Your not just the army rangers guy anymore, you actually have a story. It is pretty long ttoo. It took me about seven hours to beat it without cheats. The only thing that I didn't like about it is that it doesn't have a sniping level. That's starting to be one of the better parts of the game to me. So overall I would give the campaign an 8.5 out of ten.

On the other hand the multiplayer is amazing. It really is a polished MW2 experience. The guns are about the same, but it does have new guns like the crossbow and the ballistics knife. The Famas is now fully automatic, but unlike the campaign the M16 is not. Multiplayer also has better maps. They got rid of crappers like carnival and got some pretty good maps with horizontal and vertical gameplay. It also has a great points system where you unlock the guns that you want. The wager matches are fun too and you don't have to spend too many of your points if you don't want to. The multiplayer gets a 10 out of ten.

The great part for when you don't want to shoot something that shoots back is zombies. It has 2 new maps. The first one is like the original maps in COD 5. The second one is my favorite where you play as reconizable people in the Pentagon. There is also DOA (dead ops arcade) which is like an old 80's game, but a little bettter. The best way to play it is with other people on Xbox live. With people watching your back you can get prett far, and it's fun to hear your friends squeal. The zombies gets an 8 out of ten when your by yourself and a 10 out of ten when your with other people.

If you do get bored with the campaign you should definently use the cheats. You can also unlock all of the zombie levels.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/15/10

Game Release: Call of Duty: Black Ops (US, 11/09/10)