Review by fantasynwa

"Rent it, unless your a die hard fan of the series"

Before you find out were I live and gut me because I have my own opinions, let me say that Call of Duty: Black Ops is a fun game...for about 3 hours. It's a generic shooter that goes "Ha, you've fallen into my trap of over-hyped and overrated trap!" What sets this aside from other Call of Duty games? Find out now.

CONCEPT: 9.5 OUT OF 10

The concept of the game is that you are a man being interrogated by...um...it's not mentioned. Anyway, you go through a series of flashbacks in his life to war experiences. Some of these are real like the Bay of Pigs. By the end of the game, you feel like you are the person and you want to destroy your enemies. The main bad guy doesn't exist, so why did they include him, no one knows.

GRAPHICS: 10 OUT OF 10

The graphics in the game are some of the most realistic graphics in any war game up to date. The frame rate is flawless making for a solid war experience. The blood in this game is over the top. If you are squeamish, don't play this without disturbing content turned off.
Vision also looks great...I mean if you under water water will splatter on your screen.

FUN: 3 OUT OF 10

This game will get boring very quickly. It was hard for me to even go through campaign mode. Multiplayer is the same thing every match. It is fun for a little bit, then it makes you go back to Halo: Reach. Yeah, I said it, Reach is better than this. It is like any other shooter. Just over the top gore and shooty shooty kill kill.

REPLAYIBILITY: 3 OUT OF 10

SOUND: 8 OUT OF 10

This sounds real and bullets do to. When I shoot a gas tank, it makes a realistic sound, and so does the explosion. The voice acting is pretty good in the game and no ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, thank god. The addition of music in first person mode ticks me off. THIS SHOULD BE REAL.

CONCLUSION

Call of Duty: Black Ops is Reaches competitor. In 2007, Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4: Modern warfare came out. In Fall of 2009, ODST and Modern Warfare 2 came out. Now, Reach and Black Ops. Why Inifi-- wait a second, Treyarch! THAT'S IT! Treyarch killed Call of Duty like they did with WAW.

CONCEPT: 9.5 OUT OF 10
GRAPHICS: 10 OUT OF 10
FUN: 3 OUT OF 10
REPLAYIBILITY: 3 OUT OF 10
SOUND: 8 OUT OF 10

Goodbye, Call of Duty. We had a run, old buddy.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 01/04/11

Game Release: Call of Duty: Black Ops (US, 11/09/10)