Review by Zzyzzx_Xien

"Worst CoD Ever..."

First I only give it 5/10 instead of less, because I will still play it.

Storyline-
This storyline might have been good I don't know, but the damn cutting back and forth between the "torture" room and the flashbacks is horrible. one or two missions, sometimes it feels like you didn't even finish with one, then you cut back to the interrogation. This might be tolerable but it left me feeling like they were trying to make a short storyline seem longer by adding BS cut scenes. Overall I can't even make myself finish the story mode even just for completions sake.

Multiplayer-
Nothing special here, a few new ideas, but nothing amazing. However, I would rather deal with the overabundance of hackers in MW2 than deal with the BS gitches I have experienced with this. I have had to deal with going through people when trying to knife them, emptying a clip at point blank into an enemy and then being killed by them as if my gun had blanks. I have had lag problems when everyone in the game was on full connection bars. The servers seem to crash at least once or twice a month. Over it is playable, but definitely not better than any CoD title I have played. After this newest update the game even lags the second an enemy comes near me, not sure if the hackers have already broken the game, or if Treyarch did.

Zombies-
Yay, they are back. Oops I don't really care I can't give bonus points for that one, I don't really like CoD zombies. It does add an element to the game that would have be nice in MW2 instead of the museum.

Overall-
Load times suck, you get stuck watching too much of the start up movie no matter how many times you play the game, and when you finally make it to the title screen and select something the game "freezes"up for a while it is really loading, but there is no load screen and it takes an eternity when it is only loading the next selection screen.

I would only suggest this game to those of my friends that love the Zombie mode and multiplayer.

IF YOU INTEND TO PLAY ONLINE I SUGGEST THE FASTEST INTERNET POSSIBLE, SURROUND SOUND HEADPHONES, OR MOD CHIPS. MOST EVERYONE ELSE WHO DOES ANY GOOD SEEMS TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE THREE.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 08/23/11

Game Release: Call of Duty: Black Ops (US, 11/09/10)