Review by bobrobert981

"Not too bad but still pretty good. But still got some issues."

I have played COD Black Ops for a while now and decided to do a review on it. I will seperate this into different parts.

Gameplay-
All in all the gameplay runs pretty smooth along with everything else you can do. One thing I liked about it was the ability to dive, which can be pretty useful.

Campaign-
The story is pretty good, taking you through different points in the Cold War as you unravel a Russian attack on the U.S. They had many moments that made me think "This is pretty cool!" But I never thought a point made me think it was unbelievable. Sure, at one point you drive a motorcycle (which you don't really get to steer at all) and drive a helicopter, but some of those things kinda make things like battlefield a bit and they. The last level was pretty neat but the first part of it seemed more like the Ship level in Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Don't get me wrong, I liked the campaign alot, but it still had it's issues.

Multiplayer-
My 2nd favorite part of the game. Multiplayer is kinda the same with the exclusion new weapons and the currency system. Basically, you earn in-game currency, called COD Points, which you can use to buy weapons, atachments, perks, customizable things for your gun, and killstreak rewards. They have new guns like the FN-FAL, L9A61, and a weapon type taken from World at War, Rifles. They also have killstreak rewards such as Chopper Gunner, RC-XD, and Napalm. They also bring back the attack dogs which can be real fun. Most maps are fairly medium in size and some are pretty good. All in all the multiplayer is real good and fun, but it's also alot like every other COD in my opinion.

Zombies-
In my opinion, the Zombies game mode is the same. Where the World at War Zombies comes with only one map, Black Ops Zombies comes with three which you can unlock at the end of the campaign or if you're too lazy to wait then use the terminal when you escape the chair at the main screen menu. Anyways, back to zombies. You start out with 3 maps, Kino Der Toten or "Theatre of the Dead" in English continues the story of the main characters from the original zombies in an abandoned theatre. There's also "Five" which lets you play as JFK, Fidel Castro, Robert McNamara, and Richard Nixon as you fight your way through the Pentagon. There is also the Dead Ops Arcade which is a top view 2D shooter as you make your way through and through different points and places. If you buy all the map packs, you also get Ascension, a Soviet missile launch pad; Call of the Dead, a map where you play through a zombie movie set while playing as Danny Trejo, Michael Rooker, Robert Englund, and Sarah Michelle Gellar. There is also Shangri-La in which you play in the paradise of Shanri-La. There is Moon which you start out in area 51 but get transported to the moon in a base. If you got Moon then you also get all the maps from World at War: Nacht Der Untoten, Verruckt, Shi No Numa, and Der Riese. Throughout all the maps there are new weapons and some very special ones like the Thundergun for example. Zombies can also attack you through the windows now so be careful when kniving them. All in all the zombies are the best part and are better in my opinion.

I had good times in Black Ops and some bad ones but altogether I'm going to have to give it a 8/10. It's great but could still use some work and is alot like past COD games. I really recommend the game to any fan of COD.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 09/14/11

Game Release: Call of Duty: Black Ops (US, 11/09/10)