Review by TheGreatDebate

"Definitely far better than Mario Kart Wii can even dream."

See guys, Sega can still publish good games! Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (which should be called Sega All Stars Racing) is an excellent game and it simply trounces on Mario Kart Wii (which suffers from cheap items, terrible recovery, and many bottomless pits). I mean, this game is a must have and I'm here to tell you why!

STORY- Yep, they're racin'!!! That's about as deep as the "story" gets and that's good enough for me. Racing games really shouldn't have stories. There really wouldn't be a point to giving a spinoff racer a story, so this is a 10/10 XP

GRAPHICS- Simply put, this game is really beautiful, but Sega has always been incredible with graphics and this game is no exception. There are a lot of vibrant colors in places like the Samba De Amigo stages and Sonic stages, while there are some darker, creepier vibes coming from the House of the Dead stages (or Curien Mansion, if you prefer). I don't think it gets much better than this.

MUSIC- To me, this is the weakest part of the game. It's not bad, but it could have been so much more. We don't really get any classic Sonic tunes like Green Hill or Sonic Boom! That's just crazy. There are quite a few really bad tracks, but it's not that big of a deal since you get the option to switch before each race.

ROSTER- This is also sort of a weak point. The selection isn't bad, but we missed out on some great characters (and got some weird ones). We missed out on playable characters like NiGHTS, Ristar, Kid Chameleon, Vectorman, Dynamite Headdy (3rd party), Joe Musashi, Ecco the Dolphin, and Segata Sanshiro. But no. They give us Big the Cat. They should have given us Metal Sonic and made Big the DLC. Oh well. We still have great characters representing Sonic, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, House of the Dead, Crazy Taxi, Super Monkey Ball, and others. Pretty good, but should really be improved if we get a sequel.

GAMEPLAY- The most important of any game and it's good! Instead of being filled with the crap from Mario Kart Wii like cheap items, terrible recovery, and bottomless pits, we get something better. The items are really tame, so if you get hit, you won't come to a 10 minute halt like another game I may have mentioned. The strongest item on here is the All-Star item, and it's only given if you are doing really badly so you can get a second chance. There's a mission mode that gives different options than just the basic racing thing and it's really worth looking into. The Time Trials are pretty pathetic though. They are incredibly easy. That about raps up gameplay in a nutshell.

CONTROLS- Nothing wrong here. It pretty much controls like any other good racing game. You can get boosts for drifting and doing tricks.

So yeah, this pretty much raps up another review. If you still aren't convinced, then just leave. I don't like you anymore. >:(

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/19/11

Game Release: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie (US, 02/23/10)