Review by ECurse

"A great game. Some minor flaws - SP Review"

This is only a Single Player review.

For a long time I wanted to play the first Crysis, at no point were any of the Computers I had capable of playing such games. It was in mid 2010, that I first played it. A friend of mine had recently built a PC and I decided I would go and see it. When I arrived, I noticed a copy of Crysis lay on his desk, I had a rush of excitement, and asked if he had it installed. He explained he did and also explained some problems, which I decided to ignore. Most of the time I was there he was cleaning his room, and boasting about the speeds. I continued to ignore that, I decided I would sit at the desk, open Crysis up, and play. I went to the options, maxed out the settings and started the game up... Looked like he hadn't even bothered to play it.

I loved it, blah blah blah, I'll get on with the review.

The game starts, somewhat slow. It gives you the general idea of what the suit can do and also teaches you the shooting basics. I then came across the cloak ability. I knew there was a cloaking ability, but was expecting to either have it straight from the start, or play the game a little bit longer. It seems you get everything a lot quicker than games I was ready to compare this too. A game that first came to mind was "Dark Sector".

Any game I was ready to compare this too, it soon proved me wrong. Every time I felt something was going to happen similar to something that recently happened, all of a sudden, something changes, different enemys appear, stronger enemys. Most of the time blasting my gun away either at it's back, or some red spot that looked weak. The end result, not being so good. I'm out of Ammo, and all I have are my suit abilitys and a small Melee attack. Then again, the melee attack helped me out quite a bit in some areas. I found that it could take down the larger enemys almost as fast as any Heavy Machine Gun I could find.

A quote I've seen being used around a lot, is "So many choices, so little time". And that is so true, if you're at any time having problems you can be sure there is another way to get around it.

I finished the Campaign in 5 Hours and 40 something minutes. And I was in no way, really rushing. There were a few parts I would cloak and run past a part I was having problems with, or run past a few enemys just to come around and stealth kill them, to get it over with quicker.

At times, the game can feel like it's too much of the same. But that's only if you're going one way throughout the game, whether that be, cloaking and running past everyone, or turning Max Armor on and going beserk. But all I would say to that is USE THE VISOR!!!

For me, I felt the story was great. But at times, I knew exactly what was going to happen.

The customization for guns I felt was a great thing to have. It allows you to look back, VISOR MODE, tag ammo, tag barrels, and most points of interest. Then think about what you're going to do, put your silencer on, go stealth, take it off, go tank. Put a scope/red dot site on and silencer, go silenced stealthy-personninjathing. Plus, what makes this better is if you discard a gun and find it again later. You still have all of the attachments to re-add to it.

The suit modules also give you even more choices, or help toward what you would like to be.

So, to sum it all up. The game is beautiful, the game has a great story, but sometimes it can be predictable, if you have heard of Crysis for it's choice, you will not in any way be dissapointed. The game has a lot of replayability, depending on how you want to play. But if you want to continue to play in only one way, then there isn't really any replayability.

+ Beautiful Textures
+ Great Story
+ Choice
+ Customization
+ Replayability

- Frame Rate drops now and again. Nothing serious
- The story at times, can be somewhat predictable
- Short Game, but if you play in more than one way, that is not in any way a problem.

Rating: 8.5/10

It's atleast, worth a rent.

Hope you have enjoyed my first ever review. o.O

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 03/30/11

Game Release: Crysis 2 (Limited Edition) (EU, 03/25/11)