Question from Kraytdragon444

Can "versus mode" be played alone?

I saw a video of someone playing versus mode, but all of the survivors were labled as their respective character (bot) names.

Can we play versus mode on our own and goof around as the special infected while the bots attempt to complete the campaign?

edmullins73 answered:

No. You can however, connect a 2nd controller and play a splitscreen versus (so no one will actually be playing on the 2nd team). Use this if you are just wanting to run around the map looking for good kill spots. Be aware though, if you spawn as the special infected, the bots will shoot at you if they see you. Also if you are doing this, you should set the match to private so no one else can jump into your game.
2 0

Answers

KillTheftAngel answered:

I think the only way u can do that is if a human plays as a survivor than quits the match and he was the only one leaving bots.
0 3

grainsiloguard answered:

to answer your question no. Plain and simple bots do not possess the ability to pick up throwing weapons or ammo upgrades and most importantly to keep the bots from stopping an "oh wait I forgot something out there" moment they are not allowed to shut the safe house door.
2 0

BlueSkadoo answered:

No. Once one team is all computer-controlled, you get a message saying that there needs to be at least one human player on each team. It will then exit out of the match back to the menu.
1 0

silicon_requiem answered:

No, you can't play versus without being online, and not alone either. I think this is a really annoying aspect of the game (one of my only gripes with the series) because not all of us play online, but I would sure like to be able to try out more than just the campaign mode. I also don't buy the excuse that the AI couldn't provide enough of a challenge or that they couldn't be easily programmed to complete the functions on their own, and furthermore why can't we play versus on a splitscreen offline game? Because Microsoft wants us to pay those monthly gold charges.
0 0

waterwitch12 answered:

yes you can.
Get two people have one on each team
start the game then have the one thats not host swich to infected so you now have 2 infected and no survivors.
rince and repeat
0 0