Question from strongbadioface

Wing and a Prayer Not Working?

I'm having trouble getting the Wing and a Prayer achievement. I've defended myself in the plane about 4 times without getting hit (twice starting and ending at 100 health) and the achievement won't unlock. I'm hiding in the row with 2 empty seats if that makes any difference. Any ideas on why it won't unlock? Am I doing something wrong?

strongbadioface provided additional details:

Well, I give up. I've done this about 6 times without getting hit and it still won't work. I changed spots multiple times, but I can't get it to work. I even defended myself on the WING without getting hit and I STILL didn't get it.

Okay so the achievement was actually glitched for me. For some reason I had to clear the cache before it finally worked. I have no idea why, but I got it. Thanks for everyone's recommendations anyway!

btw, I got it by going out of th hatch onto the wing, throwing a pipe bomb, and going up and around the tail of the airplane as far back as I could go. The infected never came close. But I'll accept someones answer so I don't have to keep getting updates about it.

TRX450RRacer193 answered:

It is NOT the whole team. JUST you
The easiest way to get this is to open the door, then get in the isle of seats to the LEFT of the door if your looking at it. the AI will take out most of the Infected, you can shoot from here and not get hit, trust me. I did it last night!

there ya go man
2 0

Answers

GOARMYKILL answered:

IT is suppose to be the whole team that doesn't get hit. If the team mates are dead, before you activate it, then you can do it by yourself
0 8

guinea_pirate answered:

I don't believe the whole team must remain unharmed, but in order to unlock the achievement you must step out on the wing of the plane before you retreat to the row with two empty seats.
0 7

1000mhf2 answered:

Actually only the person who needs the acheivement needs to not get hit. so what you do is go to the row wear the row is missing make sure all oxeygen tanks, gas cans, + propane tanks are gone then open the door then hide behind the row + crouch + kill 1 zombie that attacks ur teamates + wait u will get it
1 2

sgarc3 answered:

Maybe you got hit and didnt know it if youre playing on easy then you can be hit my a zombie and your health will still remain at 100
2 1

steamwitch answered:

it seems like a litte cofusion is going on but i say how I and 7 others did it.:

get all your equiptment togeter and get ready but try to all have an m16 or SCAR no melee weapons will help you in this 1st go to the plane and clear all infected before activateing the event have all your team hang out on the small dockyou pass heading to the plane or at least up to the airliner seat away from the plane have one person pop a shot of adriniline and activeate the event and run back to the rest of the group and hold ff the horde useing pipebombs and molitovs make sure ALL infested are killed and no one takes a hit and you will hear that sweet sound of 30 gamer score i garentee it.

Notes:
You do not have to be in on or around the plane for this achevemnt

as for damageing yourselfs by infected don't know never risked it but i think the person going for it needs not be harmed AT ALL everyone else is fine but with this tactic its a no brainer

You do not have to walk out to the other side of the plane for it to activate the achevement, once the event is over you get the pionts.

And thats all she wrote! youre welcome I hope it helps.
1 0

guinea_pirate answered:

Alright, thanks for clarification.
0 1

abdallah99 answered:

U need 2 players one goes to the plane and opens the hatch and kills infected but the one who wants the achievement hide in the safe room hope this helps
2 0

Menchacat answered:

Hope this works. The guys who make these videos know where it's at.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0j0peLouM0
1 2

k0mbatdan answered:

I unlocked this achevement by just running as soon as the door opened. I ran as far as I can til the horde died out.
0 1

pikachu250 answered:

Ok here are something you may have missed that count as damage
1 Friendly Fire
2 The loss of temporary health (adrenaline, pain pills, temporary health you get after get downed)
and here are some tips
1 Defend yourself on Easy difficulty and with 3 bots take care of the zombies coming from behind the bots will attack the ones coming from the front
2 On Xbox LIVE stay on the safe house while your team kills the infected on the destroyed airplane after that you should had unlocked the achievement (after that if you want to go back to your teammate try using the teleport cheat of your bot just use the idle option and your bot should teleport to where they are)
0 0

Hawnk54 answered:

I posted a topic on this in the Boards section, and it was brought to my attention that this achievement is bugged in single player mode. The only way to get this achievement is to play a campaign (or maybe versus) match on an online server and get the achievement there.

The conditions for the achievement are these:
-you do not get hit by anything throughout the duration of the event (your teammates CAN be hit)

this is the only requirement. You do not have to kill all the zombies and you do not have to be anywhere special or even anywhere near the plane. Simply take no damage until the game has decided that the event is over, and you will get it, but NOT IN SINGLE PLAYER MODE.
0 1

KutKuSlayer answered:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0j0peLouM0

it worked for me.
make sure your health is at a fixed point (say 87 or whatever)
crouch in the spot shown (stay AWAY from the window behind you as you can be hit through the window)
throw a pipe bomb/bile jar when the horde comes from the right, and your AI should take care of the horde from the left.
0 1

Drakulas77 answered:

Do not do this with other players, use a team of 3 bots. With other players there is a chance one may misfire and hit you. plus, if your in the hiding spot nearly all infected will go after the bots. Bots can also take care of the infected faster than most players. Like others have said, them getting hurt won't ruin your chances of getting the achievement. It's also safer to not use Molotovs or pipe bombs. Bile bombs, however, work great for this.
1 0

mattstanford answered:

Okay, the supposive way of doing this is to stay at the plane. But what i did, worked the first time. Get a melee weapon and then activate the crescendo by opening the door. Then turn around and exit the plane. Backtrack quite aways, staying on the far right of the level barriers. Eventually you will see a wooden shed. Go in and close the door. The bots will stay outside and shoot everything. None of you will take damage. It should work.
0 0

sixties_69 answered:

Well i tried to find a gas can or two...if available...not necassary...but after i opened the door i jus stood at the tip of the wing...the ai wtched the door and sides and special infected went for them first...all you need to do is watch opposite of the door for special infected and sides for common infected...and dont take pills or adrenaline before starting horde..wont give achievment because of steadily decreasing health...
0 0

Wing and a prayer? Answered Robz_05
When earning "Something to Prove"...? Open Jake_Hurd
How do you play Versus mode offline? Answered ChaoticFairness
(create your own question)Why do i lag when i pickup an item? Open Andrew19126
Unfair Versus? Answered lildogJim