Question from goldpro5

Offline credit limit reached?

Play firefight and forge alot offline I do not have xbox live. And earlier today after a game of firefight a caution sign with "offline credit limit reached" and I am not getting anymore credits whats up with this.

TCD3 asked for clarification::

chado I don't quite understand the last 2 sentances of your answer. Plus I need to know if you can still buy more pieces of armour and still earn credits after you spent some.

cheezburger198 answered:

Well, my friend that i barely know... This is a sign that somebody has been on your profile, and played online, otherwise this wouldn't have happened. This only happened to me when i reached Lt. Colonel (which is the ranking "cap" until next updates). Now unless you have reached the rank that I am at the moment, I would advise changing your password and making sure that this doesn't happen agaian. If you don't find this helpful, that is because it isn't supposed to be. I am just putting down the most reasonable answer that I am able to give. I'm sorry if you find this post "not useful" to your current confusion.
3 1

Answers

chado524 answered:

You can only get up to 20,000 credits offline. If you try to play online then it will subtract however much you have over 20,000 from offline when you get on.

I think that if u get over 20,000 you can still buy armor pieces so it won't subtract from your overall total.
0 7

p34nutbutter answered:

No i dont think so but i hav the same problem . but i go to my freinds house and put my account on his xbox and whn i go home i can urn more credits and it only subtracks it once. u should go to a friends house plug ur xbox in and play firefight by urself and get more or go to a gaming place like timbucktwo.
1 1

odd4473 answered:

Maybe its just a way for microsoft to make money off of you but if you can i would buy xboxlive soon
0 0

N3WB0Y5 answered:

I've been reading other posts and it seems that you have to do an online campaign?? im not sure thats just what i've heard. If you want to know a fast way to level though i haved had a high amount of luck with just completing the dailies then working on the weekly. (Usually not the type of thing you can do in a day:D)
1 1

Plageron answered:

The reason your reached a mximum is becasue you may only get so many credits while playing off line. This is to stop people from cheating...like starting up another account and constaly killing it or puttingthe game on super easy mode for credits.

This amount may be surpassed if you go online or wait 24 hours.

If you are using an account that for example is not registered with XBOX live...you can get alot of credits beyond a maximum and very quickly....however if you actualy register that account with xbox live....it will then take away credits. Thats what Chado54 was refering to.

So in a nut shell...yes there is a credit limit....yes you can start getting more after 24 hours...yes this is done to stop cheating.....yes if you got that many credits in a super fast fashion expect the Bungie team to remove them if you didnt get them legaly(i.e. you lose things you cheat or hack to get and they check)
1 1

Advakiel answered:

Actually, if u don't have xbox live, then you can only earn credits up to the rank of warrant officer gare 3 - Captain.
0 2

Advakiel answered:

Grade 3.
0 1

Teentitens54 answered:

I'm not sure but i'm nearly LT colonel,it has happened to my friend and he is the 2nd last rank,he hasn't been able to earn any more credits (which is also earning exp)but he took it to a game shop and there was actually a problem with his 360.as for most of my friends they play offline and they don't have limits
and bungie isn't trying to get money they do it for the love of their fans as they said that odst was the last one but then they made reach.btw advakiel you are wrong im past captain im captain grade 3 and no warning signs (short form of answer:no limits just maybe something wrong with the disc or your console)
0 0

Teentitens54 answered:

edit:also if you don't have online at all Bungie cant catch you hacking or cheating and no there is no limit whatsoever,unless you've been banned temporary in halo 3 before by the ban hammer well there's a limit for you.the ban hammer doesn't just ban you but puts a limit security in case you try hacking (again if you've been banned in halo reach for once or in halo 3)
0 0

gameplayer257 answered:

When offline, you can go as high as you want in ranks. However, once you switch over to XBox Live, it will subtract all of your points, making you go all the way to a Sergeant Grade 1. This has happened to me when I was already a Warrant Officer Grade 1, and it took away 51,000 points. So the cap isn't necessarily 20,000 points offline, but in that range, so taking the time to get higher ranks outside of XBox Live would be a waste of time.
0 0

rokdhotnez answered:

I'm at well over 50,000 cR and I've spent alot on armor upgrades. I play offline only as I don't have the internet capabilities to play on Live. I've never even heard of a credit limit. Seems like a really stupid idea. Your account most likely did get connected to live somehow, whether you were downloading something or whatever and that activated the offline credit limit.
0 0

nicknack125 answered:

This is because Bungie does not want people credit farming too many credits, since you cant credit farm online but can offline.
0 0

Raptor5424 answered:

Everybody is WRONG i have offline and have 300000 credits so there is no offline limit on my game but i dont know about everyone elses game.
0 0

Knightrunner369 answered:

I have almost half a mil, and I'm offline.
0 0

ShotgunCake answered:

I have 60k cR and I don't have Live, Plageron might be right- wait 24 hours and start up again.
0 0

zorkon95 answered:

I have a backup profile, it has the "offline credit limit reached" sign but I still earn credits with it while it's not on xbox live. Mabye your disc is srached, I thinkthat's what it is.
0 0

Yatol answered:

They did this beacuse you probably heard of credit glitch by staying in forge for a long time so they wanted to make sure you didnt cheat.
0 0

RAGNAR8 answered:

You can earn credits or buy things but when you connect whit your character they detract an amount of credits that is over the limit, i don' t know what is the limit, and they count on your credits amount also bought things, for example when i first connected i lost my master chief voice and also about three ranks.
0 0

GlitchyFlame answered:

I found the answer. Actually, it has nothing to do with Halor. Inside the xbox is a switch, if you can push the switch it changes the xbox settings, making the xbox think that you are a Microsoft employee and gives you infinite credits etc.

To find the switch you have to open the disk tray. Snap off the disk. Insert a screwdriver into the hole you have now produced. It is quite hare to find so make sure you really stick it in hard and wiggle it about. Once you have done this it is advisable that you clean the inside of the xbox.

Take any deodorant spay and apply liberally.

The last step is reattaching the disk tray. Use duct tape, make sure you wrap the whole box up, otherwise the disk tray may not work properly.

Enjoy infinite credits :)
0 0

Can you hit the credit limit repeatedly? Answered Blobboy234
Online credit limit ? Answered RenegadeWolf832
I cant get the credit jackpot? Answered nhh3smith
Credit Jackpot? Answered ThunderMan63
Credit earning and leveling up? Open babychicken1