How do you get host?

1. You can do all sorts of crazy stuff as host. I just want to know how to get t (or know how you are one).

User Info: speedynoob

speedynoob - 6 years ago
    I mean for matchmaking.

User Info: speedynoob

speedynoob - 6 years ago

1. You can be a host when you *host* a game. Like forge or a custom game.

User Info: TheHaloDude

TheHaloDude - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. First of all, this isn't Halo 2 or 3. Host advantage has all but been done away with in Reach.

Secondly, doing anything to manipulate your connection to give yourself more of a chance of being host is an offense that can get you banned.

User Info: pancakes771

pancakes771 - 6 years ago 0 2
  3. Actually, pancakes, being host does give you a slightly better advantage. Ive noticed that when Im playing SWAT and someone else is host my headshots have a slight delay, but when I am hosting, the timing between when my DMR fires and when the headshot connects is instantaneous. It may just be my connection, but it does give me the advantage.

As for how to know youre the host, Im not 100% sure, but it may be when youre first on the list of gamers after you connect to everyone else.

User Info: ChimZ

ChimZ - 6 years ago 1 1
  4. You can BXR with host, thus there is an advantage and no that isn't tampering it is in the game.

User Info: YamaEXC

YamaEXC - 5 years ago 0 1
  5. To be host is a random pick in the lobby, I understand it my have something to do with alphabetical order of gamer tags maybe. If not it has to do with the person who has the best connection before the game starts at that moment..

Whoever is host will be in charge of the game's connection and whether or not if the game will be at stand still when the game proceeds. So the only advantage you would have as host would be connection pros and cons.

User Info: WorldPersona

WorldPersona - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. There is nothing special about hosting and its just random

User Info: onetrickfred

onetrickfred - 5 years ago 0 2
  7. You start a party then go on the same game at the same time then when your all on the same game stay together and pick the game and there you go TADAAA

User Info: NinjaNinja9901

NinjaNinja9901 - 4 years ago 0 1
  8. Hosts are picked at the start of the game based off of the person with the greatest connection at the time.
    It is automated, and cannot be controlled.
    If the host of the game quits out, a loading screen appears as a new host is picked and connected to.

User Info: VettefanZR1

VettefanZR1 - 4 years ago 0 0