Question from PS2boy82284

How do I beat Shao Khan?

I'm using Liu Kang against Shao Khan, and I can't seem to get a hit off. He hits me, won't let me up. And when he does and I attack, it does nothing. What do I have to do to take him down?

From: dcholbrook 3 years ago

Shao Khan is really kind of projectile handicapped. try to keep your distance and use your fireballs high and low. use enhanced fireball when you have it. if he taunts, use a special kick if you want. it also helps to know one of liu's quick combos for sticky situations. If you ever happen to get him in a corner, you can get a few free (timed) uppercuts if you can catch him as he is standing up.

Good luck.

That is right the only fatal moves of his is his charged shoulder and upper shoulder and all his hammer attacks and kicks timing is the key and nothing else.

with Liu kang, i would suggest using his low fireball.. it dodges the spear shao kahn throws.. try not gettin hit by his stun hammer.. and when he taunts just flying kick his ass.. or yea and depend on what he does.. liek if he taunts when close up on uor does his forward up shove thing..... bicycle kick him... leg sweeps work also

Shao Khan is unable to dodge, deflect or otherwise avoid projectiles while he is taunting, which he does quite often. Once you're able to master shooting out projectiles quite quickly, your real foe will be the timer, not Shao Khan. Also, if he starts getting too close, use Liu Kang's special kick move, which will push him back. Alternating between high and low fireballs is also useful.

This is the strategy that I've been using for all of the bosses (Kintaro, Shao Khan etc) and it's very easy. At the start of the fight, jump just behind the boss and hit him with a kombo. Liu Kang has a good one called "death fist" that knocks the boss down: x, x, y, *or* fp, fp, bp if you don't use the default controls. You can also tack on an extra front punch in the air before you land for the kombo, so you end up with this: (jump over) fp, (land) fp, fp, bp: a 4 hit kombo that does 7% damage on Shao Khan and knocks him down. Run over to him and then you can jump behind and hit him again. Whenever the boss attacks, he will miss because he's facing the wrong way. He may hit you or block your attacks every so often, but you'll easily best him. If you happen to get x-ray, use it. Also, it doesn't really matter what kombo you use as long as you can jump pretty quickly afterwards, so this strategy works with any character in any boss fight in the game (this was tested on medium difficulty, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on another one).