Question from PsykkoT

How do I beat Shao Khan with Raiden?

I'm in story mode getting after Shao Khan in Raiden's chapter...what is a good strategy to hurt him?

Broken_Wisp answered:

someone suggested a strategy with Liu Kang was to stand back and throw fireballs at him, in theory this should work with Raiden's lightning
0 0

Answers

flechetteXXX answered:

This is seriously irritating... I thought Id never get it. Dont give up. Theres really not a "trick" as if your game is anything like mine if you keep your distance he will throw a hammer to stun you then 4 spears and youre dead. He also likes to trap you in the corner and trip you with his hammer over and over until you die. If youve watched any videos you will most likely see them teleporting and uppercutting their way to victory. This also did not work for me as everytime I teleported he would know and turn and either completely block me or flash and return with a charge or uppercut of his own. This is how I beat him and it mind sound strange at first but if your experiencing what I did it works. If you tap A twice he will do a short kick combo, if you hold forward and press A he will do a roundhouse kick that actually kicks Shao Kahn away from you getting distance but not enough for him to start using projectiles. He likes to taunt at this distance and this is your opening. Always keep your hands on the Dpad and the A button and continually tap A A for a short combo to chip away some damage then hit forward A to get some distance. Dont rush in! Wait for him to taunt and dash in for some more combos. If he doesnt taunt and tries to charge you or throw his hammer or spears be ready to teleport but dont attack! He will most likely know. Just use this as an evasive maneuver. Never let him get you in the corner. If you are getting close to the edge teleport to his other side and kick him back across the stage the other way. I hope this helps and I apologize for the lengthy explanation!
0 0

flechetteXXX answered:

*might sound strange (Sorry)
0 0

waschbaerjohann answered:

Jump away, keep your distance.
Throw lightning at him, until he starts throwing stuff.
Duck under the spears, and for the hammers, jump over them TOWARDS Shao Kahn, and use Raidens flight in mid-air. He wont be able to recover in time to block, but instead, you will push him away. About the teleport; its about the timing, as he will always "know" when you do it; the trick is to watch out for Kahn as his projectiles are easily telegraphed. When he starts his throwing animation its time to teleport to catch him while he throws, standing with his back to you.
0 0

joe66609 answered:

Jump over him and repeatidly uppercut if hes blocking do.t attack. If hes about to throw a hammer dont jump over just teleport then uppercut and block and repeat
0 0

drummerstix36 answered:

If it's in story mode you can take some health and teleport when he strikes do a kick and run the clock out, kind of unrealistic but it works.
0 0

sairams answered:

Stay away from Shao Kahn so that you can avoid his dash and also duck his spam of spears .

You cannot duck his axe throw, so time and jump over it.

Every now and then he makes snide comments like "You suck" or "bow to me"

Use this time to jump towards him and uppercut / jump kick him.

Alternately spam Raiden's projectile on him. I found that this is very effective to beat him.

You can also keep jumping over him and kick him as soon as you are on his back side ( while still in the air).

Shao Kahn really is a piss off!
0 0

DarkSymbiote answered:

I swear this one works very well:

1. Keep your distance.
2. Whenever he attacks or taunts teleport behind him.
3. Quickly use a combo or the attack where he flies towards his opponent.
0 0