Review by thegamer67

"Mortal Kombat! Oh man!"

Intro- Let me get off by saying I am not a "big" fan of fighting games, but Mortal Kombat changed me for the best! It has some of the best fighting game controls I have seen in a long time! But more on that later! Time to get on with the review!

Gameplay- Amazing! The difficulty curve is spot on, easy to pick up and play but it is extremely had to master! The special moves are easy to learn, and take some time to get used to but are fun to use against your opponents. Difficulty is one of the few problems that this game has though, the major boss throughout the game even on beginner uses the same move over and over again. It makes you want to throw the controller out the window! Well now that I have the only flaw out in the open, time to continue praising the game.
9/10

Story- The story follows the story line from the first 3 Mortal Kombat games. It's told so well that you just want to keep playing it until it's all over. Which is not a bad thing, it's a very good thing IF you play on beginner! Since it is almost impossible to play on higher difficulties unless you are a god at Mortal Kombat
10/10

Graphics/Sound- The graphics are amazing, the new X-Ray moves sure do look awesome. The blood looks real and fountains look awesome. Damage on the characters looks detailed and awesome (I sure do use the word awesome a lot) The sound is normal, sounds of pain and screaming you know the usual for a fighting game especially for Mortal Kombat!
10/10

Replay Value: This is where the game really shines! You have the story mode, then you have the challenge tower which is a list of of all kinds of different challenges to complete, you have online multiplayer, and a new king of the hill mode where you can see your avatar and rate other people's fighting skills by using emotes, and being able to rate them at the end of the match. This game will keep you busy for a very long time!
10/10

Conclusion: This is a awesome game that will keep you busy for quite a long time, the visuals are amazing, and the online multiplayer barely ever lags. This is one for the ages as the one of the best fighting games of the year!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/26/11

Game Release: Mortal Kombat (US, 04/19/11)