Question from RooCH_ToTB

What benefit does smashing mailboxes have, if any?

During the first level I found roughly 3 or so mailboxes which you can strike. When you do, they flash white until after so many hits, they smash open revealing either a bag, or a skull. As of yet, I've received no cash or rewards from doing this that I am aware of. Any clues, or is it just random?

RooCH_ToTB provided additional details:

It definitely seems like no one is quite sure. The idea it adds pigs in subspace would be reasonable, but every time you smash these objects, the sprite can be either a skull or a bag of money (not real money, just a sprite in the mailbox). I will leave this open until someone has a more solid answer...

Answers

GunBladeHero answered:

There's no benefit in smashing it, it's just for fun.
1 3

ShySteve answered:

From what I've heard on the PS3 boards, the more scenery you smash in a level, the more piggybanks appear in sub-space.
2 2

someone243 answered:

Try smashing the two parking meters. They drop at least 2 dollars. But otherwise there are no benifits in smashing the mail boxes in stage one. But there are other objects that drop money like the parking meters too, like the gold statues in stage 6
1 1

Sound problems? Unanswered Megatron_Zero
Can you only play when connected to x-box live? Answered pallybear
Credits help? Open TL_Goken
Bonus Mode Help? Open TL_Goken
Where can I get the gamer pictures? Open PikabooPikachu