What benefit does smashing mailboxes have, if any?

1. During the first level I found roughly 3 or so mailboxes which you can strike. When you do, they flash white until after so many hits, they smash open revealing either a bag, or a skull. As of yet, I've received no cash or rewards from doing this that I am aware of. Any clues, or is it just random?

User Info: RooCH_ToTB

RooCH_ToTB - 6 years ago
    It definitely seems like no one is quite sure. The idea it adds pigs in subspace would be reasonable, but every time you smash these objects, the sprite can be either a skull or a bag of money (not real money, just a sprite in the mailbox). I will leave this open until someone has a more solid answer...

User Info: RooCH_ToTB

RooCH_ToTB - 6 years ago

Answers

1. There's no benefit in smashing it, it's just for fun.

User Info: GunBladeHero

GunBladeHero - 6 years ago 1 3
  2. From what I've heard on the PS3 boards, the more scenery you smash in a level, the more piggybanks appear in sub-space.

User Info: ShySteve

ShySteve - 6 years ago 2 2
  3. Try smashing the two parking meters. They drop at least 2 dollars. But otherwise there are no benifits in smashing the mail boxes in stage one. But there are other objects that drop money like the parking meters too, like the gold statues in stage 6

User Info: someone243

someone243 - 6 years ago 1 1