Question from Rudeboyzwaltz

Gone But Not Forgotten Quest - 2nd Sam and Max quest?

In this quest you are chasing down Max the ghost and follow him all the way to the end of a bunch of ruins until he gets to a gigantic organ and starts playing. This quest may or may not be a big glitch because from where I stand it seems unbeatable. Have been fighting endless waves of hollow men every time searchlights hit me and have tried just about everything.. Help please? Thanks!

Rudeboyzwaltz provided additional details:

Thanks yeah it has been going on for almost 3 hours now. There is what appears to be a dead ghost lying in the middle of the floor. Possibly Sam? Anyways I have talked to several people about it and it so far it appears to happen to 2 out of every 3 people...

Ghosts don't spawn for me.. just hollow men.

Malnourished answered:

It ends after awhile. There should be a cutscene where they argue a bit more and they sic the last of their Hollow Men at you. If you're fighting them for longer than half an hour, then there is indeed a glitch of some sort going on.
2 0

Answers

XPushingOBorder answered:

What you need to do is kill the ghosts. If you notice one laying on the ground, either use a potion of creature summoning to hold off the Hollow Men (which is what I did) and walk up to the ghost and use your sword or hammer. This should cause a slow-mo moment where you kill the ghost and the next wave starts. The objective is to kill all the ghosts (wisps), the hollow men are just distraction.
0 0

bishoparts answered:

The Hollowmen come from having the circling light shine on you and an alarm sounded. The Ghosts are what effects the quest itself. As XPushingOBorder said, kill the ghosts. I found that spellweaving the Fireball and Vortex gauntlets worked really well for decimating vast quantities of the Hollowmen.

If you place yourself near the cubby on either side of the dais where the Normanomicon is, it funnels the Ghosts to you and keeps you out of the light that spawns the Hollowmen, for the most part.
0 0

Quest Glitch? Open devneezy
How do i drop a quest? Open chrissyzajac
How do I switch my active quest? Answered steve599
How do you finish the search quest? Open hockey_hockey_m
How do i get the silverpine curse quest? Open amie666