Question from CrimsonShifter

The 20 friends achievement?

I talk to 20 people and did there quest and nothing happen.

From: thedragonlady 4 years ago

When you get the quest, don't agree and then run right off, be absolutely positive that he/she is finished speaking. The same when you return. If you still have problems, go to the round map in the sanctuary and press A, then Y, to bring up the list of the outstanding quests. Click on the one that's giving you problems and it'll send you to where you messed it up so you can re-do it. Ususally it's just that you left before you should have, but this'll fix most of your problems with quests.

You start off with their dispositions Neutral towards you. You need to do a Quest to become a friend and then another to become either Best Friends or them to Love you. If they drop below this and won't come back up, it may be because you did something bad. Do something good to counteract it.

On a date, if the LT option to hold hands doesn't come up, don't panic, just press A, then while the interaction choices are up, push LT and you'll be holding his/her hand automatically.

I had a son who hated me, and no matter what I did, I couldn't raise it above fine and as soon as I left ,it would go back to hate. His mother was killed in an attack in Millfields. I got him a Nanny and he constantly complained that the Nanny was mean, so I kept replacing the Nannys. It didn't help. He also complained about his bed being scary, so I got him a better and better house. He was even afraid to live in the castle. Finally, I married one of the castle maids, put her in a little house out of the way of my many other wives, and we adopted him. He now only shows fine or Love.

If your children lose their other parent , they will be sent to the Orphanage. They will not stay there forever (I lost several), so pick them up and get a Nanny until you can arrange for another parent, but many do just fine with a Nanny, either way, don't forget to give them a household allowance. The Orphanage is in Bowerstone Industrial across from Plum House. To get there easily, on the map, press X over Plum House then fast travel there. Follow the glowing trail to the house then look across the street, it's the big run down building.

Also, getting STDs when you're using condoms is not a glitch. One or more of your spouses is cheating on you. If you're white and your spouse is white and your kid is not, take a hint. Also, a spouse refusing your advances is cheating, but then again, so are you, most likely.

If you want to be good, but want to get rid of a cheating spouse, and don't want to give them half your money in a divorce, move him or her to Millfields, eventually, the town will get attacked and they'll die and your kids will go to the Orphanage. If you want to get rid of them faster, take them into each challenge of Reaver's Wheel of Misfortune with you. They might actually last a few turns but they'll be gone before you finish the wheel.

I hope this is of some help....

Well you may have done the quests, but you have to be FRIENDS with them.

Doing the quests does make you friends with them. Thats the point of doing the Friendship Quests. I have done this with over 50 people and I havent gotten this either. Im not sure whats going on. The in game counter doesnt even appear like it does for the other achievements either. The only time it popped up it said 0/20 and I dont even know why it appeared that time.

I found a glitch to this achievement all i did was get an orphan and when your orphan is in Happy status and you max it out she/he asks for a gift and when you give the orphan the gift it adds +1 for the popularity achievement and then all you have to do is talk to the orphan again and will asks for another gift and you get another point towards the achievement. This glitch worked with 3 female orphans for me but it only works if the orphan is in happy status i had one that was in feared status and when i gave her a gift i got no point towards the achievement. so pretty much stock up on toy dolls/swords/bows/guns and you should be able to get this achievement easy.

I found that you need to get 20 friends in onw sitting of the game. if you save and then load your game you have to start all over