Question from Chewnbear

Can't get past automatic door... Can anyone help?

I just got the midnight release of dead space 2 and am new to this series...

I have just started the game and am stuck at an automatic door that keeps closing as i approach it (motion sensor) I've tried shooting the sensor, running thru it fast, throwing stuff in the doorway to keep it from shutting... am I missing something... damn... LOL

From: mesmerwolf 4 years ago

Use Stasis on the door while it's open.

Like mesmerwolf says, hit the door with stasis while it's open.

if you dont know what stasis is, since you said you were new..you have to use your slow motion you have..got to one of the blue light machines on the left or right and activate it to build up energy, then open the door and aim to the door and push Y while youre aiming..it will turn blue and go into slow motion so you can get through it..if you dont time it right you still have those blue things to reenergize until you get right

The first door with the blue light (motion sensor)you come across you have to use stasis, as stated above, but you will come across other doors with the blue light which utilize some kind of eye or dna reader in which you will have to find a corpe layin somewhere in the same room or area nearby and walk with the corpse in front of you as you go through the blue light and the doors will open.

if i remember correctly you have to use stasis on the sensor NOT the door.