Question from GeneAnaki

Odd sequence of numbers from cryptographic sequencer?

**NO SPOILERS PLEASE**

I am at the part where you are trying to find mr. freeze. When i got into the area where he is supposed to be I heard the penguin tell his goons to switch radio channels so I thought why not try to find it with the CS?

So i combed the field in the CS and I cam across a broad case at x-axis 646.16, y-axis 530.80 where a scratchy voice is reciting a list of numbers over and over. I think i can make out just about all of them but one, which is bookended by '?' below.

9 23 9 12 12 18 5 20 21 18 14 2 1 ?20? 13 1 14

Is this an easter egg or is it something story related for later on?

GeneAnaki provided additional details:

It turns out i have the numbers right, if you just assign them to their numerical alphabet equivalent you get

"I WILL RETURN BATMAN"

Answers

MegaManZ3ro answered:

Yep, you got it. Another one of those messages is a random bunch of numbers, but a third one reads:

YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ME.

Or something to that effect.
0 0

ZombieMonger answered:

It's an Easter egg. I'm pretty sure it's referencing Number Stations, which is a rather obscure reference to make. Number Stations exist in the real world and do just what they do in the game--it's a radio frequency where some guy simply repeats an apparently random string of numbers. Nobody knows what they're for but many people suspect they're actually run by various spy agencies around the world and that the numbers are a way for their agents to get orders.

Check this Wikipedia link if you want some more information on them:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_stations
0 0

brawlfanboy9 answered:

It is an easter egg. You will pay for what you have done
0 0