Question from strykendeadsoul

Do I have to be online to use the catwoman content even if I have already downloaded it?

Do I have to be online to use the catwoman content even if I have already downloaded it? I played as to the steel mill the second time offline, then played online and automatically played Catwoman's vault mission, now I can't access my game if I am offline anymore.

waschbaerjohann asked for clarification:

Just to be clear, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE CONNECTED TO LIVE (normally).
If I play the game without being connected to live, I am able to play as Catwoman, at least on the challenge maps (just tested it out without my network cable being plugged in, and it works).
Idk what can be the caouse of this (except for the reasons in my answer above), and the only viable solutions seem to be a) contacting the support if you play on the console you downloaded to with the GT you downloaded with or b) a licence transfer if your concole licence does not fit with the licence shown in your "licence log".

waschbaerjohann answered:

Strange...

If you downloaded the DLC to your system originally, there should be no problem. I assume you can play again while you are online? If not, go to your storage device and check if 1) your savegame is corrupt and 2) if your DLC data is corrupt. If 1), you have to start all over again, never shut down your system while the autosave indicator is flashing.
If 2), simply redownload the DLC.

If you did not d-laod to your XBOX originally, you may have bigger problem.

There are two licenses that determine who owns the content (DLC, XBLA, GOD, doesnt matter), one for the console it is downloaded to the first time, and one for the profile that is used to purchase/redeem the code for the item.

And here is the important thing: The console licence lets you use the content with every profile on the console, regardless of you being connected to live or not.
The profile licence, however, will only let you use the content as long as that profile has been connected to live at least once before the game is started. Note that for DLC, the game has to check for content before it will be available. In about 98% of the cases Ive seen, its enought to disconnect from live after the game loaded the DLC.

If this is ture, visit xbox.com, sign into the account you used to download the content, go to "My console" and klick account, or whatever it says in english (the second-last thing at the bottom), where you will find information about your licence status and about a licence transfer. Check the licence status of the DLC, if its bound to your console ID. If yes, your best chance would be to contact the support.
If not, inform yourself further about the licence transfer.
2 0

Answers

pyromite answered:

Nope, once you download it's all yours to use as you see fit.
1 0

LordDisQo answered:

I think you do. I downloaded the Catwoman DLC and played it while connected to Live. No problems.

Then I loaded up Arkham City while disconnected, and it wouldn't detect the Catwoman DLC. Even though I had downloaded and installed it. So needless to say, I couldn't access it.

Then I reconnected to Live and the game detected it again.

So in conclusion, yes, you do need to be online to use the DLC.
0 1

I NEED Catwoman BAD? Open blakeregan13
Do I need to restart with Catwoman? Open tsimps_1
Catwoman Code? Open tennischase
Do i need catwoman to get 100% complete? Answered kojikillem
Stuck as Catwoman HELP!?!! Answered Sportguy33