Review by Samman123

"The best game I've played this generation so far."

Batman: Arkham City isn't just a video game, it's an experience. I'm not even a huge fan of comic books or superheroes but this is easily one of the best games I've ever played. From the main quests, Riddler's Revenge, new game plus, etc., you will find yourself investing tons of fun hours in this great game.

10/10 Gameplay: The game plays very similarly to Arkham Asylum except for that the playing field is sooo much larger. You complete your main quests throughout the city and unlock new sidequests as you go. There are so many collectibles scattered throughout the city to unlock achievements and things like concept art, 3D models, etc. The combat is some of the best combat I've ever played in a video game. All of the controls are extremely responsive and knocking bad guys is just so much fun. Not to mention that you literally have dozens of upgradable gadgets at your disposal.

10/10 Graphics: The Xbox 360 is almost a 7 year old system. This game obviously pushes the hardware to the limit and really pulls off a great presentation for the limited resources it has. Textures are clean and vibrant. Particle effects are very crisp and clear. I can understand the slight lack of AA and texture loading problems due to the hardware. However, you will be moving around so quickly that they will become hard to notice after awhile.

10/10 Sound: The soundtrack is literally Hollywood movie quality. The voice acting is incredible, and everything else sounds great as well. You will notice how good the voice acting is when you hear such characters as Hugo Strange, Penguin, Twoface at the beginning of the game. Not to mention Mark Hamill's excellent performance as The Joker.

Replayablilty: You have a main story, side quests, Riddler secrets, Riddler's Revenge, a New Game Plus, Catwoman Missions, DLC characters available. This game will last you a long time if you are trying to go for 100% completion. I am currently at 94% game completion and find myself coming back for more many many times.

10/10 Overall: Even if you're not a fan of comic books or superheroes, if you consider yourself a fan of video games, do yourself a favor and pick this up at its current discounted price. Or if you have the patience wait for the Game of the Year Edition and get the DLC for free as well as a nice price discount.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/25/12

Game Release: Batman: Arkham City (US, 10/18/11)