Question from gadget108

I have plenty of credits lying around and having trouble balancing out energy efficiency, speed, and weaponry, I fully understand how the stats work. the shop just sells"repaired" items which is garbage compared to the dlc pre-order parts that are give. when or how do you get more parts available?

gadget108 provided additional details:

i have been doing several of missions and orders since, plus i have the pre-order DLC parts, what about hidden parts like kind that that you find scattered in main story missions?

Sunblast answered:

There are a few different "types" of parts. There's Junk parts, which you get as your default starting equipment when beginning the game. There's Add-On parts, which are the parts unlocked by the pre-order DLC. There's Repaired parts, which, as best I can tell, are just purchasable parts that are not either Right or Left Arm Units. Finally, there are what I will just call Performance Parts, which are Arm Units that can be specialized and upgraded through use.

So far, I have only ever seen the body parts, generators, recons, shoulder units, and boosters sho up as Junk, Add-On, or Repaired. It seems strange that I can't purchase brand new body parts from someplace, but I think the Repaired items are just as good as what new ones would be.
3 0

Propbuddha answered:

I believe "Repaired" Items represent items salvaged from missions, and is the currently the only type of part you get while playing (other than "add-on" which are pre-order and future DLC).

You get parts by raising your team level and from certain story/order missions (not sure which ones).
0 0

Darkghost112 answered:

How exactly do you pick up the parts found during story missions, tried like every button and combonation
0 1

Sunblast answered:

@Darkghost112 You must be in Scan Mode to see and pick up scrap parts during Story Missions. With Scan Mode active, you simply walk up to the little gear icon to collect it. You should see a subquest notification appear in the lower right corner saying "Scrap Collection." That is your confirmation for having picked up the part.

The only exception to this rule seems to be that the icon stays there after being collected by your teammate, assuming you brought one along. Also, I'm not sure if you can pick up the same scrap parts over and over without first selling the one you have in your workshop.
0 0

Why can't I buy parts? Answered MAGGOTSarise
Shop parts? Answered 8492nd_Squadron
What team level do you stop recieving new parts? Answered Deathwish1216
Is there a way to delete my save? Unanswered Rinfernal
Why does the game keep freezing after it says "good morning"? Open 525PeaceMakers