Question from Horizon_X

What do the workshop add-ons do?

You can purchase items for the workshop at 300k each and new workshops for 1mil each -- do either/both of these help you unlock any functionality that's used in gameplay? There's also an "Expand" option for 5mil but what's the part cap to begin with anyway?

Sunblast answered:

To the best of my knowledge, no, they offer no gameplay benefits whatsoever. They are purely for aesthetics purposes. I still blew a considerable amount of money on them since I have nothing better to spend my fortune on.

The expansion looks to be for giving yourself more storage space for parts. You can only have so many parts stored in your workshop, and an expansion will allow you to have more. However, the default amount you can have is already an ungodly number of spaces, so you likely will not ever need to expand the workshop.
2 0

Answers

sithen21 answered:

They add to your ability to store and buy parts for your units, they also seem to do some smaller things like give you more money on some missions etc.... however their main functions is pure ascetics and have no major value as a part.
0 0