Review by EpicKingdom_

"Will you RISK it all for world domination?"

RISK:Factions is a purchasable arcade game over whatever console service you have. PS360 for example. Just to get it out of the way I am making this review from a PS3 point of view. Moving on, I bought this game two days ago & so far I've clocked in 17:53 seventeen hours and fifty three minutes into it's highly addicting game play.

STORY: 7 out of 10.

There is really not much to this whole game except for the basics. Everything is pretty simple & the campaign consist of the new RISK rules of 2008 & introduce you to how the factions came into war through cartoonist cut scenes. There's a one level for each faction totaling to five. Humans, Zombies, Cats, Computers & Yeti's. (Not their real names but it's pretty much what they are).

GAMEPLAY 8 out of 10.

There are two ways to play, the old classic way you mainly know of if your a RISK board game fan or the new rules set of 2008 that involve factions. Play a skirmish against a high five members across a classic map of the real world (Earth) or fictional custom maps that unlock through completion of the campaign. Here is a break down if your completely new to RISK.

From the main menu/custom game pick if you want to play classic (involves no factions, just colors and army's) or with factions. After select if the match will be world conquest or command. (World conquest, destroy everyone & take over all territories)-(Command, is part of the 2008 new features, be the first to accomplish three objectives & still have control of your capital for victory).

ONLINE 8 out of 10.

I am still having plenty of fun over custom games and more than two players with my friends at home but if your alone then it's always fun playing over the net. Same thing as custom games apply here, choose what type of war you want to wage with how many people you want and conquer away! Make sure to have your headset ready.

SOUND 6 out of 10.

While in game there is only one tone that could get annoying if you actually listen to it cause it repeats and repeats. Half the times I don't even have my ears open to it though.

OVERALL 8 out of 10.

Worth the purchase but make sure your available for either playing against friends at home or online. It's success like small arcade titles like this that makes me wish that constant DLC were available.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/11

Game Release: RISK: Factions (US, 06/23/10)