Question from ReliantSquare

Is this worth the money?

I liked gears of war 2 because it took you place. Underground lakes and rivers, the hive, the hollow, snowy environments, creepy abandoned testing facilities, a sunken city, a huge rock eating worm, and jacinto.

Gears of war 1 lacked diverse environments. It was pretty cool heading into that emulsion facility at the end. The creepy and dark unknown. But it ended pretty abruptly.

From the looks of reviews and trailers Gears of War 3 takes place mostly outside, paradise like environments... nothing interesting

Am I wrong here?

x4u4 asked for clarification:

YES it is worth the money only if you ply online ,offline feels like u r just fighting for no reason

Answers

Dude789222 answered:

No you are right. The majority of the campaign is based outside.
The shooter aspect of the game can get back into its roots of mind numbing killing as you are facing both locust and lambent. But the story as a whole kept me interested enough to keep going. There are some pretty intense moments, and funny ones too. And at the end of it all I enjoyed the game greatly.

If you enjoyed the gameplay from either gears 1 or 2, you will love this game, as just about everything has been polished to near perfection (deticated servers and such).

IMO I think this campaign as a whole is in the middle of GOW 2 and GOW 1, but that's just me. If you are extremely concerned, try renting the game first to see what you think of it, and buy it if you love it.
0 0

ExtremePhobia answered:

The simple answer is that I like it and it's met with critical acclaim for the most part.

Gears 3 has a pretty large variety of places. Yes it takes place largely outdoors but it does so in a whole host of different places. There's an Aircraft Carrier, a city bridge, wasteland, the outside ledge of a skyscraper... It's actually one of the first times that I can say that Gears actually made me a feel like I was travelling. It felt like I was on a quest to save the world and happened to be a man with a chainsaw on the end of his rifle.

The story is well written for the most part with my only real problem being that not a whole lot of the intermediate time was explained. Who the hell are Bernie, Jace, and Sam? They are all interesting characters but Gears 3 doesn't do a particularly good job of making you care about them and you don't get to spend enough time with the characters you DO know (Baird, Cole).

The gameplay is fun enough though I wouldn't say it's really anything to write home about. The real drawback of the campaign is the varying difficulty of the lambent and locust creating a game where I coasted through certain parts and others I crawled. However, the game is incredible on the Multiplayer front. It has all of the tension that Gears should have had online but never did. I find myself regularly jumping out of my seat at the end of a game.
0 0

bluedragon619 answered:

dude you have your review answers above. Bottom line, YES WORTH IT
0 0

What is the best way to get the Onyx Big Money Medal? Unanswered lildogJim
How do you level up faster on Beast Mode? Unanswered Storm_In_A_DCup
Horde Command DLC, is it free? Open Storm_In_A_DCup
Where is gears of war 3 multiplayer stats saved? Unanswered oOGrIffIn97Oo
Offline ribbons and medals??? Answered gibson1014