Question from karisbaby

Gears of War 3 wont load?

So i brought this game on the 24th of last month and ive only had it a week and a couple days. It was working fine up until last Saturday night. I played it for like 30 mins and then came back like two hours later to discover that the game no longer works. I get to the press start screen and thats it...when i press Start. The game just freezes...forever. Can i go back to gamestop and get my money back. The disc is flawless by the way

Answers

MarkPlaysGears answered:

It seems like you may have a defective disc and/or a defective xbox 360.

I would suggest that you take it to someone you know who has an xbox 360 and to try to load the disc on their console.

If the problem persists, you can definitely take it back to gamestop and tell them that the disc is defective. Say something along the lines of:

I have recently purchased this game and the disc is in flawless condition but it doesnt load past the start screen leading me to believe that the disc is manufactured inferiorly. May i please receive a functional disc after you investigate the problems of this disc.

Make sure you have your receipt with you. If you dont, go on the epic games forums and ask if you could possible send it in for an exchange of a functional game.

Good luck with your problem and I hope my solution was understandable.
0 0

drag969 answered:

You may want to check your internet connection if you're signed in to Xbox Live. At the title screen when you press start the game downloads data about avaible multiplayer modes, events, party etc. This may be the case since my game freeze to when i turn off the internet the moment i press strat. I just checked that on mine (PL version).
0 0

bishop27c answered:

I have a problem with the game not being able to read every once in a while. Seems like only Epic games have the tendancy of being "dirty" discs. Everytime i start it, i says the disc is dirty and needs to be cleaned. This ws the same fo the previous Gears games but no other game I play
0 0

Kainscommando answered:

Join the club my friend, you, me and A TON of people have the same problem.

There are many things to look at with this. 1. What kind of Xbox do you have? What I mean is: How old is it. Gears of War 3 uses a new memory system on the disc, its a dual layer memory, allowing about 7.5 gb instead of about 6.5 (or something like that). Since its such a new concept, alot of older generation Xbox 360's are having a hard time reading it. Epic games is aware of the problem and are working on a soultion, most likely in the forms of another update, not sure if its out or not, don't have internet at my house so I can't check on Live.

Some one did find out a way to fix it, I'm weary on trying it because you need to delete some stuff to do it. I can't quite remember it all but a quick search on google might be more helpful.

But don't be afraid, you are not alone, I miss playing Gears 3...
0 0