Question from K9_Knight

Why does my game keeps getting stuck checking for downloadable content?

after i press start, the game checks for downloadable content and save files and does all the other little checks like its supposed to. then it checks for downloadable content again. and it just gets stuck there. i've played online on 3 Xboxs (mine and 2 that my friend owns). but he has done the same and doesnt have this problem. no one else that i've talked to seems to know whats going on either. it lets me through occasionally, but it seems to be random.

K9_Knight provided additional details:

that shouldn't be the problem. I'm playing on multiple Xboxs, so im actually using different DLCs. all of which are licensed to their respective console. Thank you though.

K9_Knight provided additional details:

i disconnected the internet and turned the auto log on thing and it suddenly decided to work. it still checked for DLC twice, but it moved on fairly quickly. thanks much!

Answers

xDEADLYxJOKERx answered:

Did u delete the dlc then re download it
0 1

mrimprezadent answered:

If you unplug your internet connection before hitting start on the title screen, this bypasses the DLC check. Afterwards you can reestablish your connection and everything will work.

I have an original Elite with the optional wireless adapter so it works for me; I do not know how you would do it if you're using the built-in wi-fi with a newer "S" model.

Its about as annoying as blowing into an NES cart but this workaround does the trick every time.
0 1

GodsIndignation answered:

Clear your system cache, then start ME3. Deny the patch and upon reaching the main menu, go to online options and turn the auto login to Origin feature. Reboot ME3 and allow the patch to download and that will solve it.

If you already have the auto-login on, then I am at a loss.
0 0

MaCouger answered:

There is another way that i found that works as well to for anyone that plays Mass Effect 3. The way i know is to sign in to your PSN Account then go to the PlayStation Store. Download the DLC Content, then after you do that log out of your of your PSN Account. Next you want to then go and shut down your PS3. After you do this wait a little bit then turn your PS3 back on with the Disc still in the play station and click on the Mass Effect 3 disc icon and press start. After then you should have know problem at all with the Mass Effect 3 game now.
0 0