Review by TakeoutRage2006

"Mass Effect 3: An excellent addition to the series with a few minor flaws"

Well it took me a few days to beat this game and I'm honestly Floored by it. First of all let me give you all a quick run-down of just about every aspect you will find of the game. Out of all the things that could have been went for this game very few did and most things went perfectly. So here is my final score!

Graphics: 10 out of 10

Gameplay: 10 out of 10

Voice Acting/Character Design: 10 out of 10

Storyline: 9 out of 10

Verdict: Definitely buy this game as well as both prequels so that you can enjoy the full Mass Effect experience! It doesn't matter which game you start with if you like rpgs with good storylines you could do a lot worse than the Mass Effect series. Each game has had its flaws but it also seems each time they improve and make a better game mass effect 3 is easily the best to date now let us see why.

Graphics: the first thing you'll notice is the updated graphics I don't know exactly what system they used but I do know that people look more realistic the worlds are more beautiful and everything is a lot more detailed than in ME2 which in itself was a beautiful game. You can also now blow people's Heads off and dismember them and actually squirt from their body as you do. The Citadel is a lot more detailed than it was in ME and ME2 It also looks better than a lot the other games that have come out on the X-box 360. The graphics are on par with games such as Skyrim and Arkam City which both are beautiful games in their own right but, to fully experience the beauty of this game you should play it in high definition you get a lot more out of the experience that way. Overall the graphics can't be any better than they are right now.
10 out of 10

Gameplay: ME3 plays a little like Gears of War you can now jump, roll, flip, and back flip from cover to cover while engaging the enemy, and they've also added a ton of new enemies. During combat people and monster now throw grenades at you and can shoot you while you are still in cover there are even some enemies whom if you let get too close can kill you in one death move. There are tons of new weapons you can use even e pistol that shoots proximity mines which was one of my favorite guns in the game. You can now also customize any weapon you see fit as well as many new mods as well as returning modifications to armor you choose to wear. All of these factors put together gives you an excellent game playing experience and I don't believe they could have executed it any better.
10 out of 10

Voice Acting/Character Design: One thing Bioware did really well with this particular franchise was build excellent characters. In this past week of reviewing the game there have been many times where I was laughing at the Television from something Wrex or Joker or one of the other conversations you can engage in while playing the game. There are also times where a character has pissed me off!! (Kai Lang) and afterwards I generally wanted them dead. That if nothing else is a testament to how good they have designed most of the characters f the Mass Effect franchise. However it is not only the conversations that are had it's also the Voice Actors who've done excellent work. People Like Mark Meer and Jennifer Hale have brought Commander Shephard alive and made his decisions and character design believable but its not only them characters like Garrus, EDI, Kenneth, Tali, and Joker wouldn't be who they are without the talented cast behind them.
10 out of 10

Storyline: The storyline was Fantastic with only one flaw which really isn't a flaw. The storyline in ME3 is massive it's interesting to see one game wrap up every little story that went on in both Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 but ME3 does just that which is nothing short of amazing. It really does what they said on the Bioware site the game would do wrap up Commander Shepherd's entire story and gives closure on almost every little thing. But it doesn't just wrap up Shepherd's story it also finishes the Quarian/Geth Struggle, the Genophage, and the Turian/Krogan conflict. However the very end isn't exactly what a lot of people expected I won' t go into any details but it's a little un-mass effect to a lot of people even though I understand it to an extent but whether you like or not its at the very end of the game so it really doesn't matter: 9 out of 10

Like I said earlier definitely buy the game the folks at Bioware have outdone themselves you won't be disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/13/12

Game Release: Mass Effect 3 (US, 03/06/12)