Question from sweb37

How do I exit the animus?!?!?!?!?

I've completed the game and I don't see anywhere from the pause menu that I can exit the animus.
Can somebody give me a complete step by step on exiting the animus for morons? I don't see anything at all about it on the start menu.

sweb37 provided additional details:

Is this no longer available after you beat the game?

shadeninja13 answered:

"SPOILERS"
once you beat the game you see the scene where desmond is forced to kill lucy, then once the credits start you hear some unknown person finds desmond, and puts him back in an animus, since desmond is still out cold from the the Apple he cant exit the animus.
2 0

Answers

Darthvoorhees13 answered:

Whenever you start the game, after the first sequence. It has an option in the pause menu that says "Leave Animus."
0 0

bjory7 answered:

*****SPOILERS*****

If you've completed the game, then you know that Desmond isn't actually in the Animus 2.0 anymore, he's passed out on the floor. This is I guess the explanation Ubisoft uses to tell us why we're in Free Roam mode. However, since he isn't in the Animus, you can't leave the Animus.
0 1

cloud4everalway answered:

Just to add what these guys are saying, you guys think maybe the guys at Abstrego got Desmond back in THEIR Animus and he doesnt know it. Or maybe Shaun and Rebbeca put him back in so they dont lose there progress and they are still hiding. Many questions....
0 0

dogknight6 answered:

I heard from a whole lot of my freinds that the man that gets you is the leader of the assassins and is actually your father, but they have put you back in an animus and are transporting Desmond to a safe head quaters,You cant get out or you will be ruining ACIII (ACB counts as an add-on)
1 0

AnomalousRex answered:

"you hear some unknown person finds desmond, and puts him back in an animus, since desmond is still out cold from the the Apple he cant exit the animus."

-I left the subject 16 memories until post-game. When I found the first one I heard Rebecca's voice, which would make that explanation nonsense. I haven't had time for all of them, but if there is one where Lucy speaks to you it would prove this and support my opinion of "who gives a sh*t if it's perfectly canon or not, it is post-game just let me access the content I missed."

-You could argue he is delirious and so this is why he can hear the voices. If this is the case how can he access Subject 16's memories and learn new info while being passed out? This further degrades the passed out explanation.

-If he's out cold or being effed up by the apple, how would his mind properly interface with the animus anyways? Why the Rebecca voice I stated above? (likewise, learn anything new about 16).

I don't think there is any explanation good enough for removing the ability to access content you may have missed and forcing a new game. you have completed the game and are going back to get things you missed on the first playthrough. It has nothing to do with the story at that point. It makes less sense that they took it out, causing the player to lose the ability to access content, than just considering the post-game file to be non-canon, which it obviously would be anyways.

Who on earth is so hardcore of an AC fan that it would piss them off to be able to leave the animus because it made their post-story stuff "non-canon?" If you are this person, f**k you, and why haven't you considered the other things that make no sense? I finished the story and just want to do the sh*t that I missed.
0 0

awesomealtair answered:

ALL of yall are wrong he did get put back in the animus he was put back in there when he killed lucy and lucy was put in the truck because she might come back alive in the next assassin's creed but you can not exit the animus until the next game comes out
0 0

Cake15 answered:

You go to the menu and there should be a button the says exit the animus and it will take you out of it
0 0

Gr33n_M1l3 answered:

Possible solution: try replaying a memory and then try exiting the animus...let me know if that works
0 0

anndrea76 answered:

@ Gr33n M1l3 : no, replaying a memory will not allow you to exit the animus...at least not on ps3. When you pause, there is "replay mode" on the upper right, and still no way to exit the animus.

Wish we could do it, but looking like no way :-/
0 0