Question from DGameKid

After What Memory does the map become fully open?

I want to know when I wont be restricted by those white shiny barriers so I can just go get all the viewpoints and destroy Borgia Towers galore, but I need to know after what memory or what I need to do Im perfectly fine doing story missions til its all open if thats what I need to do

DGameKid provided additional details:

So I don't miss any extras if I just do the story missions straight to that point right?

Answers

DragonOfTheFunk answered:

The map becomes fully when you start sequence 8.
All the borgia towers can be obtained around sequence 6/7.
0 0

blue_devil_99 answered:

AFAIK there are no extras that can be missed as Ezio. Side missions such as guild quests, Leonardo, etc, remain open once unlocked.

** MILD SPOILER **
It is possible to miss some things as Desmond such as short cutscenes involving conversations with Lucy, Shaun, and Rebecca. If you really want to see all the conversations make sure to exit the Animus between each memory sequence and poke around a bit.
0 0

Memory? Open XxTrifuzzxX
What is the best strategy for Getting all of Subject 16's memory? Open karatekid65
Memory point unavailable? Open picpacpoc
Memory Start icon is gone? Open MrGazzo
Crepi Il Lupo (Sequence 2, Memory 6)? Open justwantanswers