Question from DarkDaysDaze

Multiplayer - Before a chase is instigated?

Don't know if this has been asked yet or not, if so I was unable to find a post that has any info on it... Anyway I've noticed that a red marker, usually seen during a chase sequence, appears over a pursuer's persona from time to time but BEFORE the chase has actually started. This gives me plenty of warning to either stun or avoid this pursuer and they have no idea there's a big red arrow above their head. My question is: What is it that makes them give away their position prior to starting a chase? I shouldn't know that this person is after me until they've depleted the detection meter and started a chase right? My only guess is that their detection meter has dropped below the line that designates a silent kill from a discreet kill, but I'm not sure. The reason I ask is I don't want to make this same mistake of giving myself away to my target when locating them.

DarkDaysDaze provided additional details:

Rusty_crow: I understand it's because they're not incognito, but it doesn't always work that way. I've seen my pursuer run around a corner and then start to walk without that red arrow over their head. I think there must be something else to it, maybe it's when they drop into discreet on the detection meter as I said before. Maybe as long as you remain silent, it won't show up.

Answers

Rusty_crow answered:

Performing non incognito actions will cause it to appear, such as running.
0 0

Co-op multiplayer? Answered Tibus875
Is this game only for multiplayer? Open ladybug211
Multiplayer problems? Open gorgon456781
Multiplayer symbols? Open ToothlessLamb
Stunning in multiplayer!!? Open headshotwiz428