Review by bballgogo

"Excellent, seems like something's missing though."

I cannot, in honest conscience, give this game a 10/10. The criteria for 10/10 requires it to not be able to make it any better. There were flaws, unfortunately, but not very game-breaking ones.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is the third game in a continuing series of the Assassin's Creed franchise. Absolutely wonderful games. The first, we may say, was a bit boring and repetitive, but Ubisoft really stepped it up with Assassin's Creed II (arguably one of the best games ever released on Xbox 360 and PS3). A wonderfully crafted story, amazingly done graphics, and incredibly fun missions. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is a step up from there on some levels, but feels downtrodden in others.

Gameplay (10/10):

Combat was much improved, and really feels good. Ezio has some new gadgets to his disposal which can be used in and out of battle, and the new Borgia towers are fun challenges. The puzzles come back, in the forms of the Lairs of Romulus, which are fun to do. As well, missions are replayable in this game, and "full synchronization" adds an extra challenge. Overall, gameplay is excellent.

Graphics (10/10):

Absolutely wonderful graphics, better than AC2, and really depicts Rome as it should be. The flawlessness of everything just seems to come together so seamlessly, you can look for hours on end and be satisfied. From the water to the buildings to the ancient Roman architecture, to Ezio's skills as an assassin, you will never be disappointed with the graphics quality for this game. Sometimes you may catch yourself just sitting there, admiring the graphics.

Sound (9/10):

A step up from the previous game, though it is sad to see so many recycled tracks. Though I liked them, which was a good thing. But the new pieces of music added to the game fit in perfectly, and are really enjoyable to just listen to.

Voice overs are done well, with many returning voice actors. You can put on your favorite band and listen to the music, but chances are you won't want to.
The sound is pretty much as good as it can get for any game.

Storyline (6/10):

Now, here is where I found something missing. Ezio's story is AC2 was very meaningful, at least compared to AC1, and really drew you into the game. Now, AC:B has, in a punnish way, killed it. Ezio's story was a story of revenge, of sacrifice, and of anger, and full of human emotion. In this game, Ezio feels very much like the perfect killing machine that Altair was. He speaks more than Altair did, but it is unfortunate that the story was so lackluster and average. The only time in which you see his true emotions are during certain "flashbacks". I can't really say more without ruining it.

Multiplayer (9/10):

The last thing is multiplayer. A new addition to the Assassin's Creed games, multiplayer in no way seems like it was just patched on at the last moment. It is a full, complete, and excellent addition. With several game modes, it really feels like the multiplayer an action/adventure gamer would like.

Overall (9/10):

The game itself was wonderfully done, but I wish the storyline could have been better. AC2 was well crafted in nearly every way, and AC:B is better in all aspects except that the storyline was honestly boring. I was expecting more from Ubisoft for the conclusion of Ezio's story, but it seems almost... rushed, and bad.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/24/10

Game Release: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (US, 11/16/10)