Review by funguy246

"A breath of fresh air in Rome"

My Assassin's Creed expedition began with the first Assassin's Creed and I have been an avid follower of the series since its release. Now AC is nothing like Call of Duty with hundreds of explosions and gun fire, but in my opinion it is even better. Ubisoft truly pulled out all the stops with this game making it the best in the series. Now I will admit there were a few flaws but overall it was a very solid game.

Gameplay- Playing this game I was instantly engrossed in its addictive and quick paced action. The mixture of stealth and full out assault truly gives this game its spot as one of my favorite games in my collection. It allows you to choose how you want to kill a target and also if you want to use your newly trained assassin recruits to aid you in the fun. Climbing over buildings and performing parkour in Italy is a great (and also distracting) way to get from place to place without the bore of the roads. And luckily unlike in the first Assassin's Creed you didn't feel like you had done every assassination in the game after the first kill. One thing I did miss from Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2 was the horses and being able to gallop whenever you wanted instead of only one time through the entire game. In short this games Gameplay was near perfect.

Graphics- Now when I first saw the trailer to this game I was amazed at how crisp and bright all the colors were. And then when I started playing the actual game I was again in sheer awe at how beautiful it was. Now from a distance all of the flowers and building look perfect, but then once you get closer you can see some small mistakes and flaws in them. The occasional blocked and splotchy look on some of the buildings and the discoloration of some of the fauna. Now I may be splitting hairs here but during some chases and assassinations I have noticed that Ezio's clothes or hand will go through a person or himself and appear on the other side. Also possibly splitting hairs while riding horses Ezio's cape would just stick straight out instead of billowing in the wind like it would do in real life.

Sound- While walking through the streets of Rome I felt as if I was truly there bartering with the salesmen and talking to acquaintances about things like the government or the prices of these stalls. While in the country side I could hear birds singing in the trees and musicians playing the lute for money. The sounds of the weapons like the gun, crossbow, and the smoke bomb sounded crisp and like they were going off in the next room. The music was also an amazing addition. During some of the chases the music truly added to the suspense and sheer necessity of killing your next target. And finally the voice acting was superb. Not only was the English voice amazing but so was the Italian version.

And lastly, the story- The story for AC: Brotherhood was intricate and engrossing. In AC 2 you were after Rodrigo Borgia but in Brotherhood you are after Cesare Borgia. It was not what I had expected at all. Ubisoft had decided that they wanted to kill of both of them in one game and so they did and they made it work perfectly. The new assassin recruits also add in to the story of Brotherhood and in my opinion enhance but also detract from some of the experience making the guards chase them and not you and leaving you completely out of the equation. Over all this games story was impeccable and I wanted to play it over and over again trying to tackle each mission in a different way.

So in total, this gamer gives Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood a 9 out of 10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/22/11

Game Release: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (US, 11/16/10)