Dwight Cooper - Impossible?

1. I am on pro difficulty, and I consider myself pretty good at this game, but I cannot hurt this guy! Not getting hit is not a problem, but this guy never slows down!

Any suggestions? I don't want to be a wuss and go down in difficulty, but I am contemplating it, because this is not that fun.

User Info: NateKN250

NateKN250 - 5 years ago

Answers

1. Yep I felt the same way. I was just about ready to break my controller and disc when faced with this guy. After 2 days worth of failed attempts (and bare in mind, I'm not bad in this game) I did what I didn't want to do, tone down the difficulty. I scored a 3rd round KO over him. "what a relief" but yes this guy is close to impossible on pro difficulty. I hate the fact that with almost every fight in Champion Mode, your are somewhat disadvantaged in some way.

User Info: sonnycrockett83

sonnycrockett83 - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. LOL! I thought the same as you two.. But actually there IS a way to beat him WITHOUT a drop in difficulty. Now I'm not going to lie. I had a hard time beating him as well. And it took a little time to actually figure out what I was doing wrong because like you two... I DON'T suck at this game. Now, Remember the first round where you get cut in? That entire round you need to focus on "BODY PUNCHES". Bishop is a pretty good combination type guy so you shouldn't have any trouble laying in some good combos. Second round is where that meter comes in and tells you you have to prevent Cooper from hitting your cut. (Every round 5 points gets deducted from the meter. KEEP THAT IN MIND) This and all the other rounds after the second must be focused on "COUNTER PUNCHES". However you want to do it too. Dodge, weave, block, whatever. JUST DON'T LET HIM HIT THAT CUT! He usually only uses his straight so it shouldn't be too difficult to get out of his way. Keep counter punching until he drops. A cut-scene should play as soon as you drop him the first time.... Any other questions? Then hit me back. I've already beaten the game. "1"

User Info: Datboy3x

Datboy3x - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. LOL after losing to this guy many times, I came on this board in frustration and I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. So do you actually have to knock him out to win? Cause i've knocked him down, but didnt knock him out. I stayed winning the rest of the rounds and it still said game over. So I guess I answered my own question. O I'm playing on champion by the way and also refuse to lower the difficulty!

User Info: daleonlight

daleonlight - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. @daleonlight I won by decision

User Info: KingCZAR

KingCZAR - 5 years ago 0 0
  5. I consider this fight to be a "minigame" that concentrates on showing you the importance of counter punches.
    He's a sloooow fighter, throwing telegraphed uppercuts and big punches all the time, so when you start becoming good at counter punching, you can start having fun with him.

The dfficult part for me with him was that i always got all greedy and tried to throw a lot of combinations of 3 punches or more, always taking unnecessary risks.
    Then i learned to pay more attention to that meter, always keeping it below 7 at every round; if you do that and you land more punches than him, he's not that tough.

User Info: streetfighter76

streetfighter76 - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. Yeah. Either win by decision, or focus heaps on body punches. But if you thought Dwight Cooper was hard? Good luck in the last fight against Isaac Frost. I swear the developers are just trying to troll gamers with that fight.

User Info: TobiasZeigler

TobiasZeigler - 5 years ago 0 0