Question from ModestLife

What does the piano in Level 2 do?

Anyone try stuff out? I'm not familiar enough w/ the series to know if there's a previous piano-themed puzzle, but if someone knows a song that might be significant then I could play in on this level.

It's a big room right underneath the boss chamber, and you can jump on any key and then jump up to the platform slightly above so that you don't jump on any other keys by mistake. It covers a little more than one full octave.

ShinKenzo asked for clarification:

To get a 2nd secret item, each map has one.

Stage 1: In the room with three bells slide under the lowest bell and jump into it to cause the bell to appear.

Stage 2: Piano song, Idk yet... :(

Stage 3: Jump Kick though the center of the vortex after waking the boss to cause the Maui to appear.

Stage 4: On the right of the boss room is a small black alcove, slide into it and it will cause a Gomen Head to appear.

Stage 5: Go up the far left tower and go through the mirror at the top and then stand in the dark room on the right of the blue chest, hold up and then quickly move up and jump to grab the Vic Viper when it flies by.

Stage 6: On the long staircase, jump onto the building on the right and keep jumping up, When you get as high as you can hold up to cause Konami Man to appear, you will have to be quick to catch him.

Thx to EvetscipE and ArmoredGenuis

ModestLife provided additional details:

Thanks folks, for the discussion as well as the answers! I'm gonna have to try out the key sequence after work today. (anyone quickly converted that to actual musical notes yet?).

Bowlgnasandwich answered:

Please see Board topic on this same question which was posted yesterday mid afternoon, so doubtful that Frieza found it, just trying to take credit most likely.

From silver_wing, Board topic 8/11/10, 1:31 pm
"KONAMI HAS SPOKEN

I HAVE RECIEVED A MESSAGE ON HOW TO GET THE HIDDEN ITEM

ITS THE PIANO

htt(altered)i175.photobucket.com/albums/w121/swiftshadow666/2nditem.jpg

hit them in the numbered ordered and then it drops on the bar above.

I must levae for work and cannot test this but this is an email from konami saying to hit the keys in that order."
5 0

Answers

The_Strength answered:

I'm not sure if it does anything, but in a way, I think it does also. I haven't figured it out yet.
0 2

zog79 answered:

There was the same room in "dawn of sorrow" (DS game), and it was there just for fun.
As far as we know, for now the room does nothing.
2 2

ZxianXIII answered:

Well, me and my friend have a -THEORY- as to what it might do.
If you notice, there are rooms around the map that have a panel with a number on it. We think that if you hit the keys corresponding to the number in order, you'll get the hidden item for that chapter.

Just again, a theory. We haven't tried it yet, but it's as good a guess as any, right?
0 0

AzureLivesOn answered:

According to the Lead Director, in the original DoS, the room was intended to lead to an area if a song was played (later revealled to be Dracula's theme from the original Castlevania). However, they couldnt work in HOW we learned the notes and deliberately left it in the game to throw people off. When asked about its inclusion in Harmony at E3, he sorta smirked and shrugged.

Honestly, wouldn't doubt either probability.
0 0

samuraistatus answered:

I notice a lot of people make reference to the numbered rooms. As I recall the numbered rooms applied to a puzzle that was in Dawn of Sorrow, and you used the numbers of the puzzle to create certain pathways.

I believe the piano as well as the numbered rooms are all rips from the Dawn of Sorrow game, and have no significance. Only because you'd think at this point someone would of discovered something about the piano and so far there has been nothing.

America seems to be struggling in the idea department these days, It's taking us longer to solve environmental issues like oil spills, and now here we are struggling to find secret items in video games. How the hell did we get on the moon?
1 3

Frieza4865 answered:

I was just playing around with the piano, and found out the sequence you need to play to spawn the rare item.

From left to right it's
5th white note
5th black note
6th white note
5th white note
2nd black note
5th white note
5th black note
6th white note

I'm not sure if anyone else found it out yet, so spread the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 4

alphaXdireXwolf answered:

Yep, it spawns the crown, 1 of 6 secret items. all they do is give you points, i have them all.
2 0

Zinerith answered:

play the intro to bloody tears (Castlevania theme song thingy) in some key, and the crown will drop.
0 0

Fox_McCloud16 answered:

The notes, if anyone cares, are

F, Bb, G, F, Eb, F, Bb, G
0 0

Which level? Open sarah689
Level 1 scale help? Answered skindog80
How do your stats Level? Answered Hiak
How do I get past (level 1)? Answered ARCADEYAHOO
Dificulty level? Answered bbeyer