Question from LilSaintv3

How do I beat the dragon/Saskia in Chapter 3?

My character is not that strong. The dragon takes my life alot faster than I takes his life. When I am hitting him, its barely taking much damage. Is there any type of strategy that can help me beat this dragon. I tried learning his moves and dodging them, but in the end he stills hit me.

Answers

ripghoti answered:

You will need the following: A good silver sword, a good amount of bombs (I used the basic explosive type), some decent armor, and practice your dodging.

The main thing is to dodge the her a heck of a lot. Get a couple of swings in with the sword (no more than 3-4, I stuck with 2 mostly). There are points where she will crawl around the side of the tower barely visible. During this, run around like an idiot and keep an eye out for her tail to pop up and swipe you. Sometimes she will fly up into the air and charge you, during this you can throw a couple bombs her way before she charges (just make sure to dodge the charge).

May take a bit, but this is the best way I have found.
0 0

JPhoenix985 answered:

ripghoti is pretty much on point here. Just for comparison's sake, when I fought the dragon, I was level 30 or so, had +24 armor with a couple armor boosts, and a silver sword that was doing around 54-60 damage. It's pretty late in the game, so I'm hoping you've taken the time to acquire some decent gear. Going into the fight, you have to be patient. It'll take you a good 10-15 minutes. Quen is your best friend. Pretty much keep it cast at all times. What worked best for me, is charge from the side, and roll at the last minute. The dragon should attack. It will miss if you rolled right, but you should recover in time to attack it back. Hit it ONCE with strong attack. Any more and you'll leave yourself open to it's body crush attack. Rinse and repeat. Keep rolling and keep quen on. You can also use bombs and daggers to whittle away from a distance. Hope this helps.
0 0