Brachydios Gem?

1. I have fought over 20 of them now and still i havent seen a gem, can i get them from the 8 star village or is it better to do the guild one?

User Info: Soriku1991

Soriku1991 - 4 years ago

1. To get gems it's all about doing them quick and efficiently. You can get gems from:
    Tears(3 times per encounter at 1% for high rank)
    Tail carve(1 time per encounter at 2% for high rank)
    Body carve(3 times per encounter at 2% for high rank)
    Capture(2% per given reward slot*)
    I say efficiently because if you use the skill tranquilizer it adds 2 reward slots for capturing, thus giving you 4 total bonus rewards, so if you don't use this skill it's better to kill and skin instead giving you 3 chances instead of 2 for unskilled captures.
    I also say quickly because switching up to guild will also increase the health while not giving any bonus to item drop rate or reward totals, I also suggest not farming G-rank for gems because unless you have a group it's slow to die and only offers a 1% increase to each of the drop rates.
    TL;DR :
    To solo get gems do the village quest
    Unless you have Tranquilizer on your armor Kill Him!
    90% of your gems will be through reward screen luck or from tears, no joke!

User Info: Zoque

Zoque - 4 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. The drop rate is the same between village and guild, so long as both are listed as High Rank. The only difference is monster health, so far as I'm aware.

User Info: Draconargentum

Draconargentum (Expert) - 4 years ago 1 0
  2. I got my first Gem on the 23 Brachydios that i killed and it was a body carve not in the rewards.

If anything cut his tail since you have a smaller chance to get one from it but its still an extra carve.

User Info: Hollow_chief

Hollow_chief (Expert) - 4 years ago 1 0
  3. Its all about luck. u can get it on ur first try or it will take longer u can improve ur chances by picking up his shiney (2%) cut his tail (2%) break head(2%) in high rank. u can get skill tranquilizer so if u capture it u get more items in rewards. then check when u eat if theirs a feleyn luck/ultra lucky so u can get more items in rewards. its all about perseverance.
    i had to kill 3 and captured 12 (over 30 min each) in g rank to get 2 gems and 2 pallium from slime guy solo. but it was so worth it

User Info: blazenace

blazenace - 4 years ago 1 1
  4. Ok well here is a stupid idea use plesioth armor it give stamina and capture expert witch alow better rewards for items if u capture them i used this armor and i got two gemsits also gives heat cancel and trap master witch come in Handy

User Info: zacharynelson13

zacharynelson13 - 4 years ago 0 1
  5. I have killed 2 so far
    the first one i've fought droped one and then i got another in the rewards after i killed it
    and the second one i got as a carve in the moga woods
    i think that was just pure luck though

User Info: groph_alakirr

groph_alakirr - 4 years ago 0 0
  6. It is all luck to get Brachy Gem. But I would suggest beating the Quest G-Rank Sticky Situation (2 Brachydios the same time) for better chance in getting Brachy Gem. I was able to get 2 Brachy gem after the quest ends (Reward Box). Got it screenshot but cant post link on Forum.

User Info: SCU_Iori

SCU_Iori - 4 years ago 0 0
  7. To get a Brachydios Gem, the best chances are from the following:

Village 9 star quest - Mark of A Hero: 4%
    Carve Body/Tail/Capture - G-Rank: 3%
    Carve Body/Tail/Capture - High Rank: 2%

So the best chance is 4 chances at 2% for carving a dead Brachy in the Mark of a Hero quest (which also gives a 4% chance of the gem as a quest reward)

With this knowledge, it's up to you to decide if you're going to spend the time farming that quest for the gem.

User Info: Samuel_Aran

Samuel_Aran - 4 years ago 0 0
  8. I'm still getting my Gem as well. It's been 20 kills & 32 captures, and no Gem, it's my dumb luck, but patience is a virtue. Cut the tail, break the pounders, break the scalp, and capture it(optional, but highly recommended).

User Info: Dauzie

Dauzie - 4 years ago 0 0
  9. Break horn(top of head),two pounders(hands or whatever..),cut tail,and make it drop shinies.

That will give you a big chance to get it.

User Info: 0HY34Y

0HY34Y - 4 years ago 0 0
  10. It's a tiny percentage of a drop rate. (2% according to the wiki.)

To max out your chances:
    - cut and carve the tail
    - kill instead of capture
    - make one of the kids wear the Mock Melynx mask (they get an extra carve when you do)

I got one from the Mock Melynx mask. I checked the stuff Cha-Cha was holding, and managed to snag one.

User Info: astrangeone

astrangeone - 4 years ago 0 0
  11. i just fought my number 18 brachydios.no gems. I fought next one 3 gems!!! 1 for the shiny,1 for carving and 1 in guest reward!!! Its just a luck when you get gems i remember in tri i have to fought 26 ceadeus for 1 gem.

User Info: momo221297

momo221297 - 4 years ago 0 0
  12. I got brachy gem as a reward. Got it after the third fight.

User Info: vinox27

vinox27 - 4 years ago 0 0
  13. Capture it.It will give higher chance.

How to capture it
    _________
    1.Get a Shock or Pitfall Trap.
    2.Get Tranq Bombs
    3.Weaken the brach until he limps.
    4.Put the trap at the place he limps to(usually 6 he goes to)
    5.Move around until he is caught in the trap.Hurry before it breaks.
    6.Throw Tranq bombs when he is stuck
    7.CAPTURED

(Use a water weapon because he is weak to it and can remove the slime quick)

User Info: 0HY34Y

0HY34Y - 4 years ago 0 1
  14. Its just about luck. Just get some good armor and a good water element weapon and beat brachy to death numerous times. I got my first gem the 4th time I killed him and then got a second one the next fight. It just all about the luck you have.

User Info: NinjaBlazeCraft

NinjaBlazeCraft - 4 years ago 0 0
  15. Take heart, the Gem will show up eventually. I was farming for Scalps and I picked up a shiny and it just so happened to be a Brachydios Gem. Later on after I captured it, I got my 2 Scalps...and a Brachydios Gem. Then I talked to Cha-Cha, who was wearing the Mock Melynx mask and I saw in the items he held...a Brachydios Gem. That's 3 gems in one run. I was...appalled, to say the least. The chance for shiny drops is 1%, capture is 3%, and the 8-star "Brachydios" Means Trouble is 2%, so that leaves a 6% chance, and probably higher considering how many shinies he leaves behind. Also consider giving your Shakalakas something like the Mock Melynx mask, which steals materials from monsters. I once fought a Great Baggi, Deviljho showed up to ruin my day, I return to Moga and Cha-Cha is holding a Deviljho Hide.

User Info: aquashiram14

aquashiram14 (Expert / FAQ Author) - 4 years ago 0 0
  16. It's all about luck.
    Breaking everything and capturing is puting sugar over the luck.
    I got one from shinies I thought dropped from feline. Best first aid ever... ;)

User Info: ultraye2

ultraye2 - 4 years ago 0 0